Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 on O2?

• 10-11-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Has anyone got this phone from O2?

Seems to be a good deal on their 35euro price pan @ 339euro.

Im just concerned about the services and mobile internet on the O2 network
    ie. does the gps work?

Also do those fake 6gb memory cards on ebay work in this phone, has anyoe tried them?

Any answers would be great,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

I have the N95 (and a few other phones as well) on O2 and I am happy with it. I just use plain internet access for email, browsing and VoIP and with HSDPA and WiFi that works brilliantly. The HSDPA network is really fast and the N95 makes good use of it. The O2 internet portal and services are less of interest to me but they don't block any ports and (important to me) they have data-roaming agreements with most operators across the world. The GPS works but it sometimes has problems finding the satellites, or it takes a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've been using it on O2 since July, and haven't had any problems with the service, even on Edge the browser is running very fast. The only issue I have is the battery life is short (2 days very max) although you'll have the problem regardless of network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have a 6gb ebay card in mine. I don't know if it is fake but it did get 2gb fake cards before for a SE that were fine.

Extended batteries are dodgy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 schubi

N95's grand - however I wouldn't buy it off O2 again - they're out there on ebay for EUR 450, komplett.ie is selling a B-grade modell (asian market model) for EUR 500-something.
    I think the EUR 300+ for the phone with O2 contracts is overpriced, in Europe the phone's bundled with contracts (10-30EUR/month) for as little as 1 EUR.
    Mobile internet is ****e at O2 - its VERY VERY expensive - 1cent/Kbyte or some funky data package (around 5EUR /Mbyte) which I haven't found a way to buy online yet.

Advertisement