Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass effect

• 10-11-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭

Mass effect coming out friday coming

looking very forward to it

cant wait

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

try friday week mate.

Will be worth the wait though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I thought it was this Friday as well. Play have the release date as the 16th, everywhere else says the 23rd. They also have Assassin's Creed listed as in stock and ready to dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nah it's deffo the 23rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 I8poop4U

It meant to be great. Just read a review but it seems its not without problems.

+Seamless Interaction
    +Never Fells Linear
    -Technical Problems Niggle

Key Points

Slowdown
    Combat Mix of Graw, Gears and Pdz :eek:
    Combat Trail and Error in Places
    Some Enemies Simply charge at you

The other thing it says is its over a bit too soon.
    Still think its going to be great and i cant wait to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nah it's deffo the 23rd.

Really, ah no, Ace Combat 6 and Kane and Lynch are out on the 23rd aswell. So many games, so little time.

So its just Assassins Creed this Friday.

Still working on the Orange Box and CoD 4 as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Really, ah no, Ace Combat 6 and Kane and Lynch are out on the 23rd aswell. So many games, so little time.

Still working on the Orange Box and CoD 4 as it is.

Damn, my 360 is currently out of action. I have yet to make a dent in the oragne box and am not even half way through Eternal Sonata. I guess it'll be COD4, Assassins Creed and Mass Effect for Christmas then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 I8poop4U

Vyse wrote: »
    Damn, my 360 is currently out of action. I have yet to make a dent in the oragne box and am not even half way through Eternal Sonata. I guess it'll be COD4, Assassins Creed and Mass Effect for Christmas then!!

That will be an amazing Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Really looking forward to this have been for over a year now.

The next two weeks are gona be great for games thank god for credit cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Vyse wrote: »

Exact same here don't want to rush eternal sonata but bouts of Halo 3 are not helping progress through eternal Sonata.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AC and if you play other platforms, Crysis and Super Mario Galaxy too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Woo-hoo,

dusting off my Wii after RE4 just to play Mario Galaxy this week, cant wait!

AC will just have to wait, along with the other 4 games I got last week...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Looks awesome tho, its between this and Bioshock for game of year tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Review here: http://www.onthexbox.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88168&postcount=166

Quote: "Its the best game I've ever played".

Sounds like we have a winner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

That's from OXM though. But I hope they're right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

looks like game of the year material cant wait :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to come up for air, 2 am this morning playing Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Mario Galaxy waiting my attention and COD4, Heavenly Sword amongst others, and I haven't even bought Assassins Creed, The Orange Box or Mass Effect yet.
    I had, somehow, forgot about Mass Effect, thinking of getting Assassin and Orange Box, now I have to rethink that strategy, feck feck FECK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

So...did any shops release it early? I hear it happened in AU and America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its a bloody great game so far, granted im only in the prologue after an hour but im absolutely loving it

the intro is one of the best ive ever seen in games, totally builds things up brilliantly

as mentioned tho slowdown is fairly regular which is a pity, and my other big gripe is the lack of a jump function. nothing worse than having your progress hampered by a 1foot high block in front of you

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Was in gamestop picking up Mario and Assassin's and the guy confirmed Mass Effect is on for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone know where's selling the limited edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a promo copy of this on Friday, meh!

Have far too many games atm to be playing but the graphics are decent enough, looks like a real long haul, not my cuppa tea but a lot of others would like it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll take it off your hands then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This is absolutely brilliant so far and I'm only just after jetting off into the galaxy. It's definitely up there for possible Game Of The Year and so far deservedly so imo. The story build up is better than any other game I've played for a LOOONG time.
    Finding those 21 keepers nearly did my head in! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

reviews coming in for it now
    teamxbox give it 9.6/10
    only got 8/10 from eurogamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

only got 9.4 from IGN.

and 5/5 from Gamespy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I expected the shooter aspect to be less than great. It's an RPG after all and we've been spoiled by a lot of high quality shooters lately. I'm more concerned about the technical issues, nothing worse than a buggy game. But hopefully they'll fix some of them via patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Anyone know if there's a launch night for this game? Or anywhere you can get it early?

I'll have to drop Half Life to finish this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I take it this is region locked? haven't seen any mention of region-freeness yet anyway...

tman wrote: »
    I take it this is region locked? haven't seen any mention of region-freeness yet anyway...
    God I hope not. I have the asian version pre-ordered from play-asia. I believe it's been confirmed that the U.S. version is region-free so it's looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

regardless of eurogamer's scoring policy alot of the remarks in the review seem to indicate no more than an 8.

might give this one a miss.

Advertisement