Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass effect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm getting mine for 70 off play.com, its the collector's edition though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

rejkin wrote: »
    For anyone who wants to know I asked around the shops and the cheapest is HMV @ 55euro Virgin @ 57.99.

Game said 74euro! :eek: crazy!

sweet €55 and 10% discount :cool: I know where I'm going tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Anny word on Tesco price yet? Was in earlier and couldn't see it on the shelves yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll be over in Tesco later today, so I can find out then, if no one can get to one before that.

60 in tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

12% off everything in harvey normans today (friday 12th only - includes games) so depending on how much they charge for new releases it could be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

12% off everything in harvey normans

It's the Limerick store only according to the branch I phoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Just got it there this afternoon, so far it looks class. I've not seen any juddering or freezes yet (touch wood). The graphics are a hell of a lot better than Oblivion and it has a much more sophisticated combat system. I'm going to be spending the entire weekend on this one.

Sleep is for the weak.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm

People might be interested to know that it's €60 in Virgin (Dundrum) and €70 in Game (Dundrum). Limited edition is €75 in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got it today in Smyths for €53.99. Although that was with the loyalty card so it would have been €59.99 without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

wtf is with the in game graphics in this game? pure hazyness!!
    Really grainy picture altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

wtf is with the in game graphics in this game? pure hazyness!!
    Really grainy picture altogether.
    The film grain effect is on by default. There's an option to turn it off however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Absolutely 100per cent game of the year. I'm a sucker for stories and nothing not even Bioshock has had me as interested in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Absolutely 100per cent game of the year. I'm a sucker for stories and nothing not even Bioshock has had me as interested in this.

give it a few hours...

i thought the same too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Really enjoying it so far - but question: how do you pause & bring up that tactical layer you saw in one of the trailers?

I'm at the bit in the trailer where you arrive at a mining station and this big mother of a strider type robot crash lands in front of you. In the trailer the player was able to pause the action and strategically position each individual team mate. I can't do that! I can only pause and select what weapon or ability they use.

Is it a talent you unlock? I'm getting my ass handed to me in this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

€57 in gamestop for the LE after trading in 3 games; was €75 otherwise.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

kaimera wrote: »
    €57 in gamestop for the LE after trading in 3 games; was €75 otherwise.

You traded in 3 games and got 18 euro off?
    Man.

jayteecork wrote: »
    You traded in 3 games and got 18 euro off?
    Man.
    Tell me about it; pgr3, DoA4, Crackdown. Didn't want them anyway

christ on a bike thats apalling

shouldve paid full whack and stuck the games on adverts or the buy and sell for a score each

Helix wrote: »
    christ on a bike thats apalling

shouldve paid full whack and stuck the games on adverts or the buy and sell for a score each
    Hindsight I know. Damn me and my impulse buying :-/

Game Stop for ya. I refuse to shop there anymore. Preowned games costing 5 euro less than their full priced counterparts? no thanks. Smyth's is just as bad for preowned titles too. The one in Cork sells preowned copies of Crackdown for 60 euro.

You're better off shopping on play-asia. As I said in another thread, I had a 8 dollar off coupon so i got a brand new copy of Bioshock for 42 dollars - 28 euro.

Save that, Xtra Vision seem to have excellent prices on pre-owned games.

• Advertisement

xtravision is the only place ill buy or trade in games these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Looking for the Limited Edition but can't find it anywhere.

In the citycentre - both Games, both HMVs, both Gamestops.

Anyone know anyplace else or someplace in Liffey Valley or Blanchardstown that has it?

Cheers.

kaimera wrote: »
    Tell me about it; pgr3, DoA4, Crackdown. Didn't want them anyway

I would have given ya 40 for the 3 of em.

quad_red wrote: »
    Looking for the Limited Edition but can't find it anywhere.

In the citycentre - both Games, both HMVs, both Gamestops.

Anyone know anyplace else or someplace in Liffey Valley or Blanchardstown that has it?

Cheers.

I saw the Limited Edition in HMV in Blanchardstown yesterday.

anyone else having trouble beating matriarch benezia? the enemies are ridiculously powerful for so early in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I saw the Limited Edition in HMV in Blanchardstown yesterday.

Sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

ShaneU wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble beating matriarch benezia? the enemies are ridiculously powerful for so early in the game.

Do some more side quests to level up a bit more first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Im having trouble with a sub boss too. Tried loads of times to kill it, no joy.

One really annoying thing in this game so far - and its happened twice - is you have to go through a cutscene and/or a conversation to get to the boss/battle.

When you die you have to go through the whole cutscene/conversation each time... Grrr, a checkpoint just after the cutscene at the start of the fight would make it that little less frustrating.

Also some of the controls still feel more suited to turn based KOTOR system rather then the real time combat in mass effect. Selecting health takes a few vital seconds to actually deliver the health, and in real time combat those few seconds can be crucial.

Im not find the v-synch errors and frame rate dropping issues as bad as some reviews made out, but there are game play balancing issues that are really bugging me.

ShaneU is right, some of the enemies are crazy hard and on veteran since they level up as you do its not going to get any easier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

what did everyone think of the character creation choice? i felt it was very small,most of the faces look the same and the hair styles are terrible!

• Advertisement

Yeah the hairstyles were really bad. It was something you'd expect out of the PES edit options from a few years back. I just left my character with tight shaved hair.

Advertisement