Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass effect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im stucked in noveria ,i cant beat the commando group

now i would like to get off the planet and do some leveling up but how do i get off the planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

One really annoying thing in this game so far - and its happened twice - is you have to go through a cutscene and/or a conversation to get to the boss/battle.

The cut-scenes can be annoying if you have to repeatedly view them, but the conversations aren't too bad - you can hit X just to skip through sentences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Finally got past the bit I was stuck on - only took about 25 attempts!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Must have spent an hour or two today also on that stupid commando battle. In the end I had to adjust the difficulty downwards. Pis*ed off that I had to lower the difficulty but another few reloads would have seen me put my boot through the TV!

Great game though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

kencleary wrote: »
    In the end I had to adjust the difficulty downwards.

Were you able to do this without starting from scratch again?

• Advertisement

Were you able to do this without starting from scratch again?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

can anyone confirm that the asia version of this game is region free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

ryanmatty wrote: »
    can anyone confirm that the asia version of this game is region free?
    Still don't know for absolute certain yet but there's an ebay seller selling the Asian version and he claims it's region free so I'm pretty confident. My copy should arrive from Play-asia tomorrow hopefully so I'll let everyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Finished it last night after playing it through nonstop for two days. It has been a long time since a game has been good enough to make me do that.

I really feel this is the pinnacle of biowares achievements and easily game of the
    Year. I think the dialog system was great and offered fantastic options at times.
    I also liked that you could play as a grey character and did not have to go fully paragon or renegade.

One of my favourite things about the game was the galactic codex it offered so much information about the mass effect universe and I read every bit of it but
    At the same time was completely optional so people who just wanted to push on with the story did not need to look at it with it

The only real problems I had with it were the mako which I felt was abit overpowered and boring to drive around in the occasional glitch that kept me stuck in one place but that happened rarely.

anyone who completed novaria did you let the raknai queen live I usually go evil in these game but the writers did such good job with that scene I decided to let it live.

I also think the writers are bastards for the planet vermire I did everything I could to help out my character that was committing the frontal assault and in the end in made no difference I still had to choose ; ;

I can’t wait till they start releasing downloadable content for this game and only hope they put as much effort into it as they did the main story planets and not the side story missions

Finished it last night after playing it through nonstop for two days. It has been a long time since a game has been good enough to make me do that.

Out of curiosity, whats the final amount of play time you racked up? I'v just completed Novaria. It was the first plot mission I went on after finding Benezia's daughter, and even before I started it, I'd already accumulated nearly 20 hours of play time just doing optional stuff. Really a brilliantly immersive game.

And regarding your spoiler:
    Yeah I let the queen live though, though I was soley tempted to burn her after fighting all her evil insect offspring. Couldn't bring myself to wipe out an entire race though.

• Advertisement

finished in about 26 hours and still left a good few side quests uncompleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Where can I get the best deal on Mass Effect Limited Edition? Is it worth the extra dosh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Where can I get the best deal on Mass Effect Limited Edition? Is it worth the extra dosh?

I got the standard in the end as I'm sure all the extras can be seen online for free.

grizzly wrote: »
    I got the standard in the end as I'm sure all the extras can be seen online for free.

what exactly comes with the limited edition that dose not come with the standard?

what exactly comes with the limited edition that dose not come with the standard?

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2100/Mass-Effect-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Review/p1/

nice one seems well worht the extra bit of dosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Any word on the regional status of the Asian version yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.maxqubit.com/masseffectregionfree/

According to that guy (and the pages he links to) it should be region free.

Run, don't walk, to the checkout.

koneko wrote: »
    http://www.maxqubit.com/masseffectregionfree/

According to that guy (and the pages he links to) it should be region free.

Run, don't walk, to the checkout.

Cheers. :)

I had already been to that link (and the links therein) but I'd be more trusting of regulars on boards.ie over those on forums I don't frequent. The Ebay guy looks genuine from the feedback but I just a little surprise the regional status hasn't been confirmed by a more credible source.

Had hope someone here might have received their Asian play-asia copy by now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My asian version still hasn't arrived yet but it's been confirmed as region-free by a poster over at avforums (where I often post) whom I'm inclined to trust.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sad Professor. :)

Picked up the limited edition for €59.99 in Smyths today, must have been a misprice as they had identical boxes out marked €69.99. Thats my Xmas pressie to myself sorted so (well, one of them :D).

This game is just getting better and better the more you get into the story. I love the little side quests, really makes things interesting.

The only downside is that I would have to agree with many of the reviews that said the targetting system durning combat could have been better.

Anyone come across any strange wildlife yet?

I came across a herd of strange looking animals but I'm not sure what the purpose is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

"The monkey doesn't have the module"

There's a planet in the Feros galaxy somewhere that has a monkey related quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

koneko wrote: »
    "The monkey doesn't have the module"

There's a planet in the Feros galaxy somewhere that has a monkey related quest.

Oh really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fnz wrote: »
    Cheers. :)

I had already been to that link (and the links therein) but I'd be more trusting of regulars on boards.ie over those on forums I don't frequent. The Ebay guy looks genuine from the feedback but I just a little surprise the regional status hasn't been confirmed by a more credible source.

Had hope someone here might have received their Asian play-asia copy by now.

My copy arrived in the post just now... slapped it in and it booted to the title screen just fine.
    Looking forward to getting stuck into it later on:)

Argh! I'm still waiting on my Play-asia order to arrive. It was sent two weeks ago today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mine took about 2 for delivery, so it should hopefully be with you tomorrow...
    Pretty cool game so far anyway:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

tman wrote: »
    My copy arrived in the post just now... slapped it in and it booted to the title screen just fine.
    Looking forward to getting stuck into it later on:)

Did you get an asian copy of the game?

Advertisement