Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass effect

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my essay done, gonna star this bad boy after work tonight! Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The first few hours of this game are amazing (huge technical glitches aside)

It definitely gets worse once you progress but still its a good game and definitely worth the purchase

Character interaction is great
    Story is solid
    Created a great world/universe

Things which are not so hot:
    Technical issues are all over the place. v-sync issues, textures loading very late, lots of loading, freezes. Very poor production vlaues really. Its a pity. Why are the elevators soooooo slow, being a bit over the top there but they wreck my buzz

Combat is weak, they went for a third person real time style and it is a poor example of this. Yes its an RPG but the combat in this RPG is a very central part and could be better. I find control over my party is poor and you have to pause the fight to select ablities. I think KOTOR battle system was better. I like that the RPG elements improve you skill with weapons etc but it needs an improved real time battle system

Both partner AI and enemy AI is shocking on normal difficulty (haven't tried it on other difficulties so maybe it improves). Characters running into the side of the mako and having to go back for them, move the mako so they will follow. Madness really. Enemies who just charge at 3 heavily armed opponents!

I like the level up system but when putting mods on weapons and armour I was never sure what was better than what. Is it better to have +100 shields or +12% hardening. Am I missing a stats page or something? In KOTOR if I recall it correctly wearing different types of jedi robes effects you characters dexterity which in turn effects ranged weapons. In Mass Effect, armour is very similar. Heavy armour has a negative bearing on accuracy but is there anyway of seeing just how bad this is.

Good game and definitely worth a playthrough or 2 though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The lagging and texture loading problem is your 360, not the game, you need to empty your system cache.

Personally I think the combat play in this is better at times than GRAW or GoW, its very well done for an RPG.

Armour class effects weapon accuracy?? not for me. The type of ammo you use in a weapon will effect its accuracy, like using Cryo rounds or Incinderary rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The lagging and texture loading problem is your 360, not the game, you need to empty your system cache.

Well it manages games with much better graphics just fine so why do I suddenly need to clear the cache for this game. The only thing that has changed in the set-up is the game so therefore its a weakness in the game not my 360
    Personally I think the combat play in this is better at times than GRAW or GoW, its very well done for an RPG.

Its your opinion so you cant be wrong but I strongly disagree
    Armour class effects weapon accuracy?? not for me. The type of ammo you use in a weapon will effect its accuracy, like using Cryo rounds or Incinderary rounds.

"Heavy armor offers the highest level of protection from enemy fire, but also has the highest movement penalties affecting weapon accuracy"

Point proven I suppose, it does affect accuracy but I cant see any easy way of seeing how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 garrfunkel

im stucked in noveria ,i cant beat the commando group

now i would like to get off the planet and do some leveling up but how do i get off the planet

As far as I know you cant. I was stuck at that point for a long time as well. All you can do really is keep trying it until you succeed.

This section of the game is a real pain. It is probably meant to be done a bit later in the game but they cant count on the player wanting to explore and so should have made it a bit easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

garrfunkel wrote: »
    As far as I know you cant. I was stuck at that point for a long time as well. All you can do really is keep trying it until you succeed.

This section of the game is a real pain. It is probably meant to be done a bit later in the game but they cant count on the player wanting to explore and so should have made it a bit easier.
    No section of the game has a set difficulty. It's all scaled to do with your own characters level.

Advertisement