Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ingram Shaving Cream

• 10-11-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello all!

I used to shave only with Ingram while living in the UK as it was madly cheap and also the best shaving cream bar none!!

Does anyone know where I can get it in Ireland??

I'm living in North Dublin/East Meath. (No I'm not refusing to admit that I'm now a Meath man. My front garden is in Dublin and my back garden is in Meath!)

Thanks!!!

TMA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

My Dad used that all his life till about 2 years ago when pharmacys and shops stopped stocking it, I don't think there is a huge demand for it here. If you find out where they have it let me know too!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

I'll keep looking and certainly will keep ya posted! I'm surprised that it's not stocked anymore. It really was one of the best creams available. It cost me £1.50 a tube in my local pharmacy in Manchester! Next time I'm over I'll get a few dozen tubes...

I've tried loads of searches online but I can't even find a UK store that stocks it and will ship it Ireland. Even 4men.ie stock Proraso as well as other less well known brands but don't do Ingram. Very strange.

Oh well, the search goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You say that it is the best shaving cream bar none. What other creams have you tried that you are comparing this to?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

I'm comparing it to pretty much any canned gloop, although Noxema was actually quite good, and also:

The Body Shop sandalwood soap (edit: getting confused now! Could have been Crabtree & Evelyn...)
    Palmolive, both normal (dark green tube) and sensitive (light green tube)
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream
    Geo F Trumper (various)

I have yet to try Proraso or Musgo Real but hopefully I will have an order arriving during the week! I have been told that Ingram and Proraso are quite similar...

Advertisement