Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pet shop

• 10-11-2007 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

hi just want to tell everybody about a place called newlands garden centre in clondalkin. i was out ther for the first time in a year. i have to say that i am very impressed with there animals as they were all healthy and well cared for. (unusual for a garden centre ). there juwel aquariums are the lowes price ive seen in ages!. they have a nice range of fish and aquatics and a small selection of reptiles they also have a good range of birds and small pets. the staff are all very friendly and helpful. i have to say that its worth a look. just thout id let everybody know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Yeah I wonder who owns it *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

I find that shop one of the most expensive around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Vinnie K wrote: »

me too but it is nice....... good for a wander round (like the garden centre bit too) but tend to shop elsewhere ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

My experience of Newlands and that of other fish keepers has been far from good. I haven't been up there in a couple of months, but their aquatic livestock was far from well kept. I had to point out white spot on one of their tanks. They didn't even seem to know what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i have one good pet shop you might want to look at its in MIDLETON called FINS N THINGS its the best i recomend i get all my tropical fish there and the staff will always answer any thing related to any pet go and check it out, closed on mondays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Maybe we need a sticky "recommend a pet shop" thread. It's a good idea to have people recommending shops.
    For tropical fish, the place up beside the blue gardenia in brittas seem to know their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Have to agree with ksimpson, Last time I was there I counted five dead fish in the different tanks. There is also a serious lack of knowledge about pet issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Vinnie K wrote: »

If you want expensive drive down a bit further to Whackers, now their prices are just silly:eek: I bought 2 aquariums from Newlands a while back and saved over €500 against the prices in Whackers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Arcadian wrote: »
    If you want expensive drive down a bit further to Whackers, now their prices are just silly:eek: I bought 2 aquariums from Newlands a while back and saved over €500 against the prices in Whackers!

Yep thats a well known fact, i heard that they borrowed 1.8mil for that new shop so you can kinda see why they charge what they do. Now in saying that if i seen something there that i wanted id still go somewhere else for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ksimpson wrote: »
    My experience of Newlands and that of other fish keepers has been far from good. I haven't been up there in a couple of months, but their aquatic livestock was far from well kept. I had to point out white spot on one of their tanks. They didn't even seem to know what it was.
    they know nothing whitespot that will kill every fish in 48 hours seriosly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

I shop der all the time for my dogs stuff n think dey are very well priced compared to the likes of wackers and the orchard smaller pet shops are cheaper ie clondalkin pet shop bt the choice is much better in newlands and also jewel tanks seem to be the best price around !!!mite be sum sicky fish bt isnt it the same in most run of da mill pet shops n garden centers !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement