Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 free games for Ati Radeon owners

• 10-11-2007 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

You can get free copies of Half life: Lost coast and the multi player Half life 2: Deathmatch if you own an Ati Radeon graphics card. All you do is click the link here and download the Steam application. Applies to current and new Steam users.

Link.

Once you download steam you can get loads of demos there too.

If you're looking for some games to buy you might check out the Orange Box on steam too, it contains 5 top class games and is widely regarded as a bargain. It's €50 in the shops in Ireland and comes up as $50 online so some savings to be had. Buying all the games seperately would cost $130.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

good one. but you are sth like a year late...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    good one. but you are sth like a year late...

It still works....

It's from less than 6 months ago. Some people have to find a way to complain about absolutely everything, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Lost Coast is nothing more than a technical demo,its only one level and can be finished in no time,not worthy of a download imo,Deathmatch is very good though,still play it now and again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

aphex™ wrote: »
    You can get free copies of Half life: Lost coast and the multi player Half life 2: Deathmatch if you own an Ati Radeon graphics card. All you do is click the link here and download the Steam application. Applies to current and new Steam users.

Link.

Once you download steam you can get loads of demos there too.

If you're looking for some games to buy you might check out the Orange Box on steam too, it contains 5 top class games and is widely regarded as a bargain. It's €50 in the shops in Ireland and comes up as $50 online so some savings to be had. Buying all the games seperately would cost $130.

Orange Box is actually cheaper to buy elsewhere online than off Steam after they add the tax. Saved about a fiver getting it from hmv.co.uk. Play and gameplay.co.uk still work out cheaper than Steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

After installing Steam and attempting to Download the free games I received a message saying that I qualify for the offer .

when I clicked next a message is displayed saying that its a duplicate request for the account and I can't download the games.

I assume that the offer has actually expired ( as I had only just completed registration and had not attempted previously to download the 2 games )

has anyone else had the same problem?

please let me know.

• Advertisement

I don't think the offer is expired. It worked 2 days ago for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

I have googled this and it appears a lot of people are having the same problem with downloading the game as I

eg: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=22&threadid=735810

be prepared for this not to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

same problem here - can't download the games due to duplicate request! :confused: i might just give up!

Mart

Thats terrible guys- it worked for me just 2 days ago.

All I can offer by way of consolidation is a link to a free Chapter from Sam & Max - Abe Lincoln Must Die. Think it just came out this week. It's very highly rated. Linky.

Works for everyone not just Ati users.

Advertisement