Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information Revolutions (2nd Year)

• 10-11-2007 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Relating to our 4000(!!!) word essay on the following:

More continuity than change?
    Using the prescribed texts on the writing, printing and electronic information revolutions examine why each of them occurred and assess their impact.

I thought we were supposed to choose a particular event relating to the history of information? So the essay really just is an assessement of the three information revolutions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Come on, I know I'm not the only one who is taking second year History on this forum...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Orizio wrote: »
    Come on, I know I'm not the only one who is taking second year History on this forum...;)

Well i suppose you could tie the printing format with the reformation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Carolus Magnus

Heh, I'm amazed I didn't see this the first time around. This was due in today: writing it was like some form of slow death by strangulation. How did everyone else find it?

Sinead Deignan was the one that was giving off the impression that it was a single event that had to be examined in the essay (faint memory suggests she was encouraging entire essays to be written about codicology.) As I came to learn very quickly though; she's full of bollocks. Or rather those lovely notes she insists on reading out of at the speed of some insane gerbil on crack are full of bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Essay was alright, got it done early in the space of 4 or 5 nights.Doing the footnotes was painful though.

Got another problem now, missed this weeks class because of feckin' bus eireann :rolleyes:. What was the geral gist of the class?How exactly does one write a 3000 word review of a website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Carolus Magnus

Gabe was doing the usual spiel about how great a resource the internet is for the historian. Begorrah, did you know that there's this thing called JSTOR out there?! etc. etc. ad nauseum.

It's a 1,500 word review though. And it's of three websites. One has to be CELT (Oh snap ¬_¬), the other a national archive of some description and then the third at your own discretion. Details should have been sent out in an e-mail there last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah details in the email! I'm just about to get cracking on it...hoping to have it done by tonight.

The 4000 word essay was a pain to do actually...just couldn't motivate myself to get it done cos the only real interesting bits (well, of my interest shall we say) were things from the modern era such as telephone, computers, tv....to be honest, I had to grind things out about writing and books cos their history isn't of the greatest interest to me, as important as that history may be.

Advertisement