Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Cullen...how is he still in a job?

Options
  • 10-11-2007 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

can someone please explain to me why this man is in the cabinet? i know he was voted into government by the lovely people of waterford... but he must know where the bodies are buried. the man is completely inept.

-e-voting
    -planning and development act 2000
    -monica leech...
    im sure if a looked wider id remember all the other **** he's done.

god i wouldnt even let this government run a sweet stand in the square.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Erm hello, Earth to DrumSteve. This thread is so 2006. And yes he's done alright by us so he gets back in! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

DrumSteve wrote: »
    -e-voting

Contoversy manufactured by the opposition.
    -monica leech...

Careful now. She's already gotten a few bob off RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

mike65 wrote: »
    Erm hello, Earth to DrumSteve. This thread is so 2006. And yes he's done alright by us so he gets back in! ;)

Mike.

Ahh sure that's all that counts.
    Stop giving me reasons to shout for Cork in next years Munster championship.

I am not allowed discuss …

Like I care about bog ball. ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Geographical reasons.
    The south east needs a minister or more to the point demand one.

For example OP, if he was your local TD and minister would you vote him out?
    Maybe you say you would but many wouldn't. It can be a very important thing to have a senior politican in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

micmclo wrote: »
    Maybe you say you would but many wouldn't. It can be a very important thing to have a senior politican in your area.

Everything that's wrong with the Irish political system summed up. Clientelist gombeenism run rampant.

Nothing will change unless and until we force a disconnect between TDs acting as glorified local councillors and local message boys; and what is supposed to be their real job as national legislators!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

He is at the top of the list in terms of getting expenses-he stayed in a hotel in the past year that cost over E2000 a night and that is a disgrace. What a slap in the face to cancer victims and other members of society who suffer because of cutbacks. Whatever is about our country, we seem to get what we deserve-crooks and cowboys:mad:

To give Bertie a E38,000 a year pay rise really begs the moral question! Have they got a conscience?:confused:

Value for money? Manchester has a population of 5 million people and a handful of MPs run the city. We have approx 5 million and 166 fatcats who are about as useful as a hermits address book!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Whatever is about our country, we seem to get what we deserve-crooks and cowboys:mad:
    We get who we vote for, no better and no worse.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

my apologies for living in the past...

guess we should just let all this stuff just slide,eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

DrumSteve, the second part of mike65's post is your answer. We're not hiring national legislators at the ballot, we're hiring local handy men to fix paths and atttend funerals etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

Sleepy wrote: »
    DrumSteve, the second part of mike65's post is your answer. We're not hiring national legislators at the ballot, we're hiring local handy men to fix paths and atttend funerals etc.
    The whole Irish political system needs an overhaul. There should be local politicians and then there should be nationwide politicians that everybody can vote for.

DrumSteve - Cullen, Roche et al were discussed as lenght in the run up the the elections.

My though about all politics being local was of course, in part satirical. That said he did do alright by us here so he was bound to get votes reflecting that.

Mike.

my apologies i wasnt here for that...

i was just reading through some old papers there the other night and i was just struck by the amount of stories relating to his sheer incompetence. the guy is either very intelligent or very stupid. how does someone fcuk up so much but still has a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Would you agree that the local element of Irish politics is damaging to the national governance mike65?

Certainly would.

Mike.

i certainly feel(well apart from dick roche) this man is the embodiment of the arrogance of the current government.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bogman44

Totally agree. But they're going to be there for the next five years so we're better off forgetting about them. Tune in to Lyric FM.

Good article in the paper at the weekend about local politics and centres of excellence. Very interesting point made that those in the medical profession opt to travel to the larger teaching hospital rather than visit their local one if they have a serious medical problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

the guy is either very intelligent or very stupid. how does someone fcuk up so much but still has a job?

Every Minister has fcuked up at some stage. I'd imagine that political survival depends on what you could tell a tribunal if you felt like it.

yeah true...

bertie certainly has a way with words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Competence is nothing whatsoever to do with being elected in Ireland .Just look at several of the current lot and just wonder in amazement how did they get back in ?So Martin Cullen is no exception .his talent is just pure nothingness occasionally rising to utter blandness.

• Advertisement

dempsey too.

dempsey too.

Yes Dempsey looks like a rabbit in headlights.

I fell sorry for dempsey. He tried a few times to make unpopular decisions but was knocked back.
    He'll probably retreat back into the pack now.

The trouble is all the ministers are going to have to make unpopular decisions in future .The driving thing will be back again.The pay increase they all got has to be earned .

dempsey...

he had a plan but not a clue.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The trouble is all the ministers are going to have to make unpopular decisions in future .The driving thing will be back again.The pay increase they all got has to be earned .

yeah, that's going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I banged the drum about cullen around election time, and was accused of the usual having an agenda. Like having an agenda is wanting inept people frozen out of public life?

dodgyme wrote: »
    I banged the drum about cullen around election time, and was accused of the usual having an agenda. Like having an agenda is wanting inept people frozen out of public life?

i couldnt agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mick86 wrote: »
    Contoversy manufactured by the opposition.
    No, incompetence and malpractice exposed by boardsies, among others. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=425

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

can someone please explain to me why this man is in the cabinet? i know he was voted into government by the lovely people of waterford... but he must know where the bodies are buried. the man is completely inept.

Very simple....he has pumped BILLIONS into his own constitunency so Waterford people keep voting him back in.

http://www.martincullen.ie/index.php?page=transforming-waterford

Advertisement