Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with layout tables in html

Options
  • 11-11-2007 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Hopefully I can convey properly what I am trying to say here.
    I have the following nav bar;
    <table width="760" border ="1" cellspacing = "0" cellpadding ="0" id="table1">
    	<tr>
    		<td width="152">
    			<a href="path26" onMouseOver="doShowHide('menu1');"></a>
    		</td>
    	.........blah blah..........
    	</td>
    		<td width="152">
    			<a href="path29" onMouseOver="doShowHide('menu5');">Contact</a>
    		</td>	
    	</tr>
    </table>

I want it to appear at either the bottom of the following banner, or else underneath it;
    <body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<div id="banner" style="position: absolute; width: 760px; height: 100px; top: 0px; left: 0px; ">
    	&nbsp;<p><font face="Lucida Sans"> My Website</font><p>&nbsp;</div>

So no matter what I do, the nav bar stays at the top of the page. Also, it seems to be 'behind' the banner, so when I use a background colour with the banner, the nav bar disappears.

I am very inexperienced in website building, but trying to learn, so hopefully someone can understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

<div id="banner" style="position: absolute; width: 760px; height: 100px; top: 0px; left: 0px; ">
    Remove this bit... for a start anyway.

Advertisement