Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Shops?

Options
  • 11-11-2007 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone please let me know where there's good gun shops around to get a handgun from?
    I've seen Duffy's website in Galway and they seem to have a great range but we're based in Kilkenny/up in Dublin the odd time.

If anyone could recommend somewhere to me that'd have a good selection it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

If your up in Dublin, swing down to Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy, great selection of guns, including pistols, and Pat is dead sound to deal with!

www.pcquad.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

I know its a bit far for you but if you want a really good selection go to athlone a place called ballykeran, a gun shop there great guy to deal with james mcbride give him a call first 087 2696647.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

john butler in griffin/hawe,athy co kildare 059-8631221

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Is this a very odd post or is it just me

OP

are you in a club???
    have you access to one

if you do would you not ask there??????

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Maybe a wee bit suspicious of you........
    I'd give the poster the benefit of the doubt, if he didn't find out here, there's plenty other places he could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

maglite wrote: »
    Is this a very odd post or is it just me

OP

are you in a club???
    have you access to one

if you do would you not ask there??????

Don't worry I'm not planning to hold up any banks any time soon!:eek:

I'm enquiring on my other halfs behalf, he's registered in 2 gunclubs & holds licences for few rifles/shotguns but is interested in trying out something different such as handgun/target.

We enquired in the local gun shop at the weekend but they told him that they're not dealing in handguns and won't be for the near future as there's too red tape involved which puts them off selling them.

I'm enquiring on his behalf because getting the info in advance saves my Saturdays from being wasted on driving to umpteen gun shops :rolleyes:

Thanks a million for all the contacts from the other members, its much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Don't bring him to a gunshop - bring him to a range where he can try it out (ideally one that is also a gunshop) - call in advance and book it.

It is a VERY bad idea to go buying handguns when you don't know how to use them. At the range he will be shown how to handle a gun - from "how to take it out of the box" all the way to "taking a shot" - I kid you not. Having had a rifle or a shotgun will not mean he can handle a handgun.

You will need a safe and a monitored alarm in the house before you will get the license aswell so best to be sure it is something he wants.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

+1 on Bananaman

In addition, there are many different disciplines in pistol target shoting, probably as many as there are clubs.

Because you have to be a member of a club, you'd be best to start there first because of the licensing restrictions and variation in disciplines.

A gunclub does not count. It must be a target shooting club. Nearest to Kilkenny are Fermoy and Midlands in Tullamore.

Advertisement