Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Course.

I heard it was long and drawn out, that the fellows were anounced first, followed by the scholars, with a lot of applause after each name, and that CS was one of the last ones to be called out, as it was done in reverse alphabetical order by course.

Nah, they specifically tell people to STFU and not clap for every name. They do read out the fellows first though, then the scholars by course in normal alphabetical order. Half an hour sounds about right. Feels like longer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Podge_irl wrote: »
    STFU!

quoth the Provost... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Robin (Joshua) Tobin, Maths.

obl wrote: »
    Wonder if they have the article for tomorrow already on the servers...

Looking at that page's directory, it was last updated at 8:12am on the day of the announcement last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Nah, they specifically tell people to STFU and not clap for every name.

Really? I remember clapping every name last year (including myself by accident because there was a lot of clapping and I'd gotten used to it by that stage).
    rjt wrote: »
    Robin (Joshua) Tobin, Maths.

Don't worry, will be listening specially...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Looking at that page's directory, it was last updated at 8:12am on the day of the announcement last year.

I would check it, but i think i'd prefer to wait.. It'd be a huge let down if you knew you didnt get it and were already in college...

mathew wrote: »
    I would check it, but i think i'd prefer to wait.. It'd be a huge let down if you knew you didnt get it and were already in college...

I dunno if I'll have time to heck before I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

ahaha, just realised there's two brodericks in medicine. that could be fun. O_o

Dont have a phone with Metakall???

Really? I remember clapping every name last year (including myself by accident because there was a lot of clapping and I'd gotten used to it by that stage)

Hmmm...I was there too, but I can't say I remember the details. I know the previous two years they definitely said that (or more precisely, people clapped after every course had been read out, which was occasionally just for one person).

I'm pretty sure when it goes up at first it only has the fellows on it, the scholars names appear later, definitely after the announcement (or at least they did in my year).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

It's not accessible until 10ish though, or sometimes a little later - it'll be a 'you do not have the credentials to access this page' kinda dealie until then.

(God, Trinity Monday is so sadistic...)

Good luck everyone!

Are the foundation scholars the best performers, or is it by faculty, or what?

It's sad how I keep coming here to feed off the nervous energy...
    claire h wrote: »
    Good luck everyone!

Muchas Gracias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Are the foundation scholars the best performers, or is it by faculty, or what?

It's sad how I keep coming here to feed off the nervous energy...

Best but it's divided up per faculty, though not quite sure how it works with all this restructuring going on. Something along the lines of top two from Natural Sciences, top two from Arts, etc.

claire h wrote: »
    Best but it's divided up per faculty, though not quite sure how it works with all this restructuring going on. Something along the lines of top two from Natural Sciences, top two from Arts, etc.

Not sure its quite that straightforward, though tbh I don't really know. There were two of us in TP my year, but none in any science the following year if I remember correctly. The number per year varies (it was 16 in my year, only 9 the year after), which would also complicate things.

It doesn't make any difference which you are anyway.

Got an email off my course head just there. I'm gonna go with a no, but he's notoriously hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Got an email off my course head just there. I'm gonna go with a no, but he's notoriously hard to read.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Unless he specifically said no, he was probably trying to be vague. I've talked to most of the lecturers who corrected my papers since, and they've all said things that could be interpreted either way. We'll all know for sure by this time tomorrow anyway :)

AFAIK there are 70 foundation scholars in total. So it depends on how many people finish their term (of five years i think)
    I thought it was just the top whatever out of everybody who got it tho!!

AFAIK there are 70 foundation scholars in total. So it depends on how many people finish their term (of five years i think)
    I thought it was just the top whatever out of everybody who got it tho!!

Nah, it has to be split up somewhat by faculty or they'd all be in science/maths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Good luck too all!

• Advertisement

Good luck everyone!
    Fad wrote: »
    Good luck too all!

Thanks..

Butterfly central over here.. Dunno why really.. Not much I can do about it now. Itll be nice to find out either way.

Besta luck everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hey everybody. Im sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but I dont feel like searching.
    Id like to be there for the event tomorrow.
    It takes place on the steps of the exam hall right?
    What time should I be there at?

And of course, the best of luck to all the boardsies.

Hey everybody. Im sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but I dont feel like searching.
    Id like to be there for the event tomorrow.
    It takes place on the steps of the exam hall right?
    What time should I be there at?

And of course, the best of luck to all the boardsies.

It's at 10.

Good luck all.

Mathew, I'm exactly the same.

Thanks..

Butterfly central over here.. Dunno why really.. Not much I can do about it now. Itll be nice to find out either way.

Besta luck everyone else :)

If you get it, I'd imagine your brother will know, so I'll hear about you first!

Otherwise I get to wait till about 10pm (When I get home! :() to find out about everyone else!

If you get it, I'd imagine your brother will know, so I'll hear about you first!

Otherwise I get to wait till about 10pm (When I get home! :() to find out about everyone else!

You know my brother???

You know my brother???

It's a conspiracy! Quick! Hide in the shrubery!

Good luck to all. If you do get it make sure you make the most out of tomorrow, it'll be a hectic day but a memorable one. If you don't get it then hard luck, but there is always next year ;)

Awww, I'm gonna miss the provost's garden party :( It was always fun for one last mid-day piss up before exams.

You know my brother???

He's in my year >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

He's in my year >_>
    /adds the stalker to the ignore list.

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    /adds the stalker to the ignore list.

Psssh, I wouldnt have noticed if he didnt have his surname in his sig.............:pac:

Advertisement