Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

"I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

"I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

:O yay.. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wasn't to be.

Congrats to JC 2K3, rjt, mathew, scrutocks and I'm sure some other users here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

mathew wrote: »
    :O yay.. :-)

fair play mat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Nope. 64. To be honest, I thought I'd done better.

Major, MAJOR congratulations to Áine (Liquorice) though, for her scholarship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MedJelly

Ia there a list of scholars online?

MedJelly wrote: »
    Ia there a list of scholars online?

http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Congrats to everyone who got it and commiserations to those who didn't. I'm pretty pleased; I only really knew two people who were up for it and they both got it!

Regardless of whether you got it or not, enjoy the day, with alcohol if necessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Congratulations to those who got it and heartfelt commiserations to those who didn't. I can empathise with both sides. Eitherway alcohol is your friend. And if you were close (especially in a technical subject), you should consider trying again in third year.

Well done everyone who got schols! Remember though, if you got just under 70 go and view your scripts. Stranger things have happened.

Eh, I do plan to view them, but I know I'm not going up by 6%! I'd like to see how I did on the various questions, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Congrats to those who got it, sympathy to those who didn't. Seconding comments re: alcohol and the consumption thereof. Chocolate and DVD boxsets also a good way to go.

I only got 42% in Maths. Shock horror. I'm awaiting an email with my overall grade and subject by subject breakdown from my course head. If another few % there would make a difference, then I may appeal.

I'm considering going for it again next year if I'm home from Erasmus at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Does everyone get their overall mark and mark breakdown emailed to them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

really? I wasn't even aware there was an appeals process. Have people ever gotten it on appeals?

I got 68. Too far out for it to matter for myself, I think.

But a friend of mine got 69 and he may have been quite harshly treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

To follow up my earlier stupid question about where the exemptions were posted: where are the results? Same place (i.e. departmental noticeboard/TSM noticeboard in my case) or somewhere different and more confusing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The breakdowns/results should be up on your departmental noticeboards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hard luck to all of you who didn't get it, but it appears that 6 or more of you did so well done to Liquorice, Scruttocks, Kwebuko, JCK23, Jim_Are_Great, Matthew...I think there were a few others.

Enjoy you're day.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

The official results outside the exam hall have the percentage scores this year for some reason. That'll be gone by this evening I expect though.

Out of interest, does the president usually show up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

I think one of her kids is in SF, or at least i remember hearing something about that vaguely.

In other news breakdowns for the bess dept. have been posted out according to the office. despite the head of the dept. telling me this morning that my tutor has them. and then there is also what podge_irl up there says about it being on the notice boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Am currently on my sixth glass of red wine, and have kicked a glass of water into a friend's handbag. I congratulate anyone else who got it (if I haven't done so already), and I really do commiserate with anyone who was unsuccessful on this occasion - this is coming from a person who missed out on their preferred uni subject choice twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

the President's daughter got schols!

well I presume it's her...she has the same surname

bright wrote: »
    I think one of her kids is in SF, or at least i remember hearing something about that vaguely.

Lol, it was actually the name that shattered the dream for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Congrats and commiserations where they are due!

As motivation for next year's schol-takers... there is nothing sweeter than wearing a robe all day long like a pretentious auld fop.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

If scholars decide not to take accomodation, is there a monetary payout?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

yay!

Advertisement