Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Liquorice wrote: »
    Who told you that they call? As far as I know no-one in either got a call last year; I certainly didn't. Unless they started calling this year? Seriously, don't worry. I think only courses involving economics call ahead of time because they have a reception and need to have formal clothes with them on the day. Everyone else has integrity and makes their students suffer!

Oh wow, really? Someone who got it in our class last year told me they got a call, hence my presumption. But now that I think of it, they do Economics, so that makes sense.

Wish me luck so!!!
    poppy90 wrote: »
    Does the calling out take long? Sounds like it could be a painful wait for courses at the end of the alphabet!

Paradoxically, it is both reasonably short and way too long. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

And I think I remember it being 15 last year, that's insane. 47 is the number of people who sat the exam? How many people are actually in an average year in Medicine?
    Yeah, 15 out of 18 who went for it last year. The medicine class sizes are getting bigger though - I think the current SF class has around 150 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Good luck all tomorrow (it is tomorrow right?), hopefully seeing a few boardsies in commons next year. :)

Unfortunately wont make it in the garden party, I'll be over the atlantic somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Good luck dudes. :)
    Also, anyone know if there's a way to find out how you did without going in tomorrow? Someone said the results were posted up somewhere in the college, but are they put online at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Eventually they are put up here: http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/

it's still last years obviously, but they'll put up the new page in the evening or the next day.

• Advertisement

Best of luck everyone. I'm so nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Liquorice wrote: »
    Who told you that they call? As far as I know no-one in either got a call last year; I certainly didn't. Unless they started calling this year? Seriously, don't worry. I think only courses involving economics call ahead of time because they have a reception and need to have formal clothes with them on the day. Everyone else has integrity and makes their students suffer!

Yep Economics get calls and BESS get calls. Not sure if BESS get calls as a direct result of the Economics department making calls or vv.
    Best of luck everyone. I'm so nervous!

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed for yah this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Good luck, all! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Good luck to everyone.

Any word on the numbers/breakdown this year? Any obvious changes with this new!Schols?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/
    Page was just updated there.
    Congratulations to everyone! Any boardsies on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭gaeilgeboy

Woo! Astounded! And TP/Maths got the Toronto again ...

Holy crap that's a lot of medicine scholars....

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Well congrats to everyone who got it, and condolences to those who missed out, you still have to be proud that you gave it a shot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

The results for this year are up on that website. My friend didn't get it :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

gaeilgeboy wrote: »
    Woo! Astounded! And TP/Maths got the Toronto again ...

While all the other new Scholars are out and about in the sun enjoying their election, Cathal comes to the Maths computer rooms to post something on boards... I should steal your gown while you're in Centra, I really should.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

He goes to the Maths computer rooms, he probably went to House 6 to fulfil the other side of his hacking duties.. >_>

Congrats to the lovely gaeilgeboy and pfm! :) I've no idea what other boardsies got schols, but congrats to those who did. Commiserations to those who didn't, it takes a hell of a lot of work and courage to get as far as you did anyway so I hope nobody's disheartened.

Roll on the fear of next year for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Congrats to the lovely gaeilgeboy and pfm! :)

Congrats to you both :)

Good year for English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

delighted for aoife mclysaht great lecturer even if her surname is difficult to spell

Third time is, evidently, the charm. I got it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Congratulations!
    And to all involved! Looked like a great day, was in front square earlier looked like a good day for those who got it and those who didnt!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

You did it three times? Holy mother of god. Enjoy your postgrad years.

Congratulations! They should give you an extra prize for sheer stamina, too. :)

Well done all! Great day for it as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Option a)Admit defeat and say I did my best
    Option b)Step up and say f*ck that sh1t, schols 2011 you're getting owned for this dissapointment

Option a)Admit defeat and say I did my best
    Option b)Step up and say f*ck that sh1t, schols 2011 you're getting owned for this dissapointment

I recommend option b, based on personal experience. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Amazing day yesterday, though a disappointingly low number of TPs got it (only 2), which damped spirits slightly. I managed to get sunburnt playing frisbee in the gown before the photo was taken, too. Congratulations to everyone!

Also Cathal you should know I'm in TP! >.>

We claim you as our own ... Alright, School of Mathematics had Tononto again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Amazing day yesterday, though a disappointingly low number of TPs got it (only 2), which damped spirits slightly. I managed to get sunburnt playing frisbee in the gown before the photo was taken, too. Congratulations to everyone!

How many TPs sat Schols this year, out of curiosity?
    We claim you as our own ... Alright, School of Mathematics had Tononto again!

TP are never Maths unless/until more like.. >_> they switch.. :P

How many TPs sat Schols this year, out of curiosity?
    I think about 10 or so people started it? Not 100%, though.
    TP are never Maths unless/until more like.. >_> they switch.. :P

Hey, Theoretical Physics is a course in the School of Mathematics and the School of Physics! I still see it as another win for Maths ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

I think about 10 or so people started it? Not 100%, though.

Hey, Theoretical Physics is a course in the School of Mathematics and the School of Physics! I still see it as another win for Maths ...
    im in tp and didnt do schols but i reckon it was way more than 10. was talking to my mate yesterday and we estimated 25 but that could be way out given your estimate was so low. but id almost certainly say it was more than 10

Advertisement