Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I want to puke and cry... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

What would my 8 year old self say if he saw that I signed up for voluntary exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Larianne wrote: »
    I want to puke and cry... :o

You'll be graaaaaand. :) I have faith! And you're done really soon, so it'll pass nice and quickly.

Good luck to everyone sitting Schols, it'll be an interesting few days anyway.. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Mwahaha! Taste the fear!! Best of luck, everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

:|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Groinshot wrote: »

2jdhwf7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

That went badly. With 30 minutes left I'd only 2/3rds of the paper done :/

My emotion has not changed since 8 this morning. still
    Lets see what wednesday has to bring.
    this is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Ran out of time as well :(

Yah, so did I. :cool: Handcramp

Anyone in the Upper Luce. I think they should have given an extra few minutes with all the fukin interruptions. JAYSIS!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We're in the Upper Luce too. It was funny hearing that they were giving out Bibles. All I could think about was getting one and reading some scripture for inspiration. Also, that room is so god damn yellow!

Fringe wrote: »
    Also, that room is so god damn yellow!

Thought that was my eyesight! :eek:

..there were interruptions? God, I need to start listening, someone might say something relevant. >_> All I can remember hearing is the line about Bibles! :D

Yeah, two interruptions and then had to sign that friggin book (although I thought that was pretty cool!) :D

Bring on Roller Beers! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    Bring on Roller Beers! :pac:

We haven't had ANY beers in ages. ;_; I think everyone's depending on you to sort these Roller Beers.. :P

Yeah I will, no bother! Just hope the friggin place is still open.

I had to poke the guy in front of me four times to give him the book., I was sitting there like a gob****e nearly breaking my arm trying to hand it to him...
    and it was absolutely freezing in there apart from anything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I just got back into the country, so belated good luck all!

Upper Luce is horribly yellow/orange, and last time I was there it smelt really strongly of fish. Blargh. Terrible place to do exams.

Well... THere goes that notion..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Actually, does anyone know what that book actually is? Is it just a list of everyone who ever sat a Schols exam? What do they do with it?

And agreed, Upper Luce is nasty. They seem to have sorted the smell of feet that was there last year though... The yellow flickering lights are awful!

• Advertisement

I didn't think he'd do it but last years paper came up for Mechanics. Kinda messed up in Methods but I did so well in Mechanics that it'll all be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

In general thinking "He's set the same paper every year, he can't possibly set it again" is usually wrong for Maths lecturers...

:cool:

Feck sake! Was such an easy exam. Pretty much the same stuff they asked last year. Of course I assumed they wouldn't ask practically the SAME questions again and studied everything else in greater detail. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Fringe wrote: »
    I didn't think he'd do it but last years paper came up for Mechanics. Kinda messed up in Methods but I did so well in Mechanics that it'll all be ok.

Frolov still teach mechanics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 amlcig

is it true that you have to get firsts in all of your summer exams in order to do schols the following year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Word is medicine has started doing something like that, Science at least hasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

amlcig wrote: »
    is it true that you have to get firsts in all of your summer exams in order to do schols the following year?

Arts and humanities don't have to afaik. Law students don't anyway.
    Don't know anything about the Hamilton dwellers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Not for TP/Maths anyway. People recommend having gotten a first in first year, since that indicates being on top of your stuff, which is necessary/helpful for getting schols.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

amlcig wrote: »

for all of arts & humanities at least: no.

• Advertisement

Only for Medicine as far as I know. Probably to do with class size and number of years of the course and the cost of the course to run. A lot of foreign students sit them so if they get it that's a hell of a lot of course fees the college loses out on so I guess they have to make it harder for them.

Advertisement