Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Good question. I have no idea. If I had to guess I would say I still could (not that I ever do).

I think in reality it just means I have to stop being a pretentious arse who claims to own the college.

You probably have more than enough letters after your name anyway! I don't think I could ever bring myself to add "Sch." after my own name if the college ever did by some miracle decide I should be a scholar.

If you wanted to own part of the college, you should have robbed borrowed some of the cobbles while they were digging up Front Square.. Apparently they were being taken as souvenirs by quite a few people! (Edit: Ehhh.. I really hope this isn't taken by anyone as encouragement to steal college property. Please don't, I'm fairly sure they don't like when people do that. :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

My scholarship ends on Monday :(

But to look on the bright side that means you'll already be halfway to your next Scholars' Dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Another question: When he reads the names out, does he say their courses with them? And how fast does he read them? Basically I wanna know if there's a risk of missing your name or mishearing a name that's similar to your own...

(Sorry, but the more I think about it, the more I freak out about it :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

He'll go, for example, "Theoretical Physics, 2 scholars, name, name" in alphabetical order. Just listen for your course, really.

Thanks for the info :)

Haven't decided if I'm gonna go along or not, but if I send someone else in, I need to tell em what to listen for, just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh if it goes up on-line then I'll just wait.

Honestly don't know if you're serious or not. :cool:
    I'm serious, but reading back that does look a little creepy...
    EDIT:
    Another question, are our grades posted on the noticeboard/online?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Groinshot wrote: »
    I'm serious, but reading back that does look a little creepy...

Yeah and I've read other posts by you too. :p

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah and I've read other posts by you too. :p
    Ah now, thats a bit harsh..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah now, thats a bit harsh..

Really?? :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Aoibheann wrote: »
    You probably have more than enough letters after your name anyway! I don't think I could ever bring myself to add "Sch." after my own name if the college ever did by some miracle decide I should be a scholar.

If you wanted to own part of the college, you should have robbed borrowed some of the cobbles while they were digging up Front Square.. Apparently they were being taken as souvenirs by quite a few people! (Edit: Ehhh.. I really hope this isn't taken by anyone as encouragement to steal college property. Please don't, I'm fairly sure they don't like when people do that. :P)
    They make great trophies.

• Advertisement

:|

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

No call this morning. Tear.

Some buzz around college is suggesting calls were made. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Not all courses get phonecalls as far as I know? Don't give up hope yet!

I think courses which ring people are in the minority, so I wouldn't worry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Another question, are our grades posted on the noticeboard/online?

A breakdown will be posted later on in the day on the respective departmental noticeboards.

The noticeboard outside the exam hall will merely list the scholars and mention is non-foundation and who is foundation.

A breakdown will be posted later on in the day on the respective departmental noticeboards.

The noticeboard outside the exam hall will merely list the scholars and mention is non-foundation and who is foundation.

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

In our year (two years ago) it listed everyone's overall percentage too.

In my year (last year) it didn't. It indicated foundation/non-foundation and numbered people according to their order in the class, but no percentage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

hmmm...odd. In my year (5! years ago) it just listed everyone's name with non-foundation written beside the non-foundation scholars. It was in alphabetical order by class so didn't even give ranking. It was the same the following year. Seemingly it's not set in stone though :s

Good luck tomorrow everyone! :)

Fairly sure I didn't get it, but fair play to anyone who does :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Not looking forward to the resutls. I knew after exams that I didn't have a chance but I'm still going to be very disappointed.

Not looking forward to the resutls. I knew after exams that I didn't have a chance but I'm still going to be very disappointed.

Same :(
    Actually, I mightn't be as disappointed anymore, at least it won't be hanging over me and driving me mental! This is evil! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/

Well done to those who got it, and hard luck to those who didn't. (There is always next year.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

One of my best friends got it :D (Among many in medicine seemingly).

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

bleedin hell, an OT got it. only second time ever :) Well done! And to everyone else of course :)

and for those who didn't get it you may still be smug in that the work you've done can still be helfpful in your final year!

11 from my course-I wasn't one... god damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dr.Reid

Feu wrote: »
    bleedin hell, an OT got it. only second time ever :) Well done!

Didn't get it, as expected. Got a II.1 in both subjects though, closer than I thought!

Same time next year?

Congrats to those who got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Many good friends got it. This is a good day for students!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

II.1. Bollocks

Advertisement