Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I feel sick even thinking about tomorrow :( It's so ridiculous, I know as well as it is possible to know that I won't get called but it'll still be disappointing.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, it'd be great to see as many of you as possible getting it :D

SAME. Nice little excuse not to do any work today, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If it's any consolation (though I don't want to be a purveyor of false hopes either), I didn't want to go in on Trinity Monday the year I got schols. If I recall, we spent much of the day playing frisbee with classmates who didn't get it (aside from some prancing around in gowns), so I'd like to think it wasn't that horrifying an experience for the unlucky ones. If all goes badly you can slink quietly away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

zam wrote: »
    BESS! Only course I know of being told before.
    PPES do too, I think. Not sure about TSM Economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Med scholars don't get the call afaik, sadly you'll have to play the waiting game. Good luck tomorrow though :)

I was just curious which course told them :P. I think I'd prefer to find out I didn't get it by not being announced on Monday, rather than my friends being happy/sad on the Friday.

I wouldn't being told before or on Monday if I got it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

NeuroCat wrote: »
    There were at least 3 biology scholars last year considering one is in Neuroscience now, one in Biochemistry with cell biology and one in Zoology.

All requiring biology modules as prerequisities. So logically they must have done biology exams in schols?

Might as well take this post to wish everyone good luck! :D I sincerely hope as many boardsies as possible get it!

See, my info is also wrong! Whoopsies. Don't know where I got that idea from .. sorry for confusion.

Sue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I should really stop reading this thread, it's making it worse! I know I messed up in three parts, and I'm in two departments for whom 70=100 so it's never gonna happen. Really needed every part to go well if I was to have any chance. But I'm also terrified that I'll do worse than last year (which would be awful, considering I worked way harder this year), and that's an even more worrying thought!

I know people say it would ruin it if we knew beforehand, but I think it'd be kinder just to catch someone on the corridor or email them and say "Listen, hard luck, but I'm afraid you haven't got it this time". People would still turn up if they knew they'd got it, and they could bring family/friends to hear the announcement then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AngelinaStars

I should really stop reading this thread, it's making it worse! I know I messed up in three parts, and I'm in two departments for whom 70=100 so it's never gonna happen. Really needed every part to go well if I was to have any chance. But I'm also terrified that I'll do worse than last year (which would be awful, considering I worked way harder this year), and that's an even more worrying thought!

I know people say it would ruin it if we knew beforehand, but I think it'd be kinder just to catch someone on the corridor or email them and say "Listen, hard luck, but I'm afraid you haven't got it this time". People would still turn up if they knew they'd got it, and they could bring family/friends to hear the announcement then...

I think you have some guts to sit the exams twice I really admire your perseverance. Really hope you get it :)

This is the first year I sat the exams and the last no matter what happens. I'm still dead after them. Trying to juggle family life, placement, constant study and assignments plus work and worrying about schols is no joke. Can't wait for the summer to feel human again and dedicate some time to the hubby and kiddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

zam wrote: »
    SAME. Nice little excuse not to do any work today, though.

That's the upside alright, a nice little day off was had! :P I've found myself walking around my house aimlessly several times today, bleh. Less than 15 hours to go until the misery is over either way, though! :)
    If it's any consolation (though I don't want to be a purveyor of false hopes either), I didn't want to go in on Trinity Monday the year I got schols. If I recall, we spent much of the day playing frisbee with classmates who didn't get it (aside from some prancing around in gowns), so I'd like to think it wasn't that horrifying an experience for the unlucky ones. If all goes badly you can slink quietly away anyway.

I really hope some people here get a pleasant surprise in the morning! It's really annoying because no matter how sure I am I didn't get it, every so often a little voice in my head pipes up with "but maybe that question went better than you expected, and maybe that other one was dragged up by the one you know was good..." Gragh! Slinking away quietly sounds very much like a plan but I might take a frisbee with me, just in case the weather is good and it isn't as horrible as I'm anticipating :)

I think you have some guts to sit the exams twice I really admire your perseverance. Really hope you get it :)

This is the first year I sat the exams and the last no matter what happens. I'm still dead after them. Trying to juggle family life, placement, constant study and assignments plus work and worrying about schols is no joke. Can't wait for the summer to feel human again and dedicate some time to the hubby and kiddies.

Thanks. :)
    Fair play to you, doing them with work and family responsabilities! :eek: I'd never have managed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mercury127

I'm going to try and get some sleep, best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Does anybody know what time the list of scholars will be posted online?

Online at 12 afaik.

I don't know any of you outside of boards but I hope a good few of you are among the happy faces tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Good luck in the morning guys. I would recommend everyone to go in tomorrow. I didnt the year I got it and I always regret not going in for it. Even if you don't get it, you'll know someone who did. And you'll get to see the fellows face the scholars at marbles.

Btw, massively jealous of your fancy meal tomorrow. I've been counting down the years until I can go again.

Also massive respect for AngelinaStars, kids, work and schols. No way could I have done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

mercury127 wrote: »
    I'm going to try and get some sleep, best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Somalion

If anything this makes me want to be out drinking and having fun...Damn actual exams demanding my time :P Best of luck everyone!! I know I won't get them but I wish the best of luck for everyone here, remember if it doesn't happen it's still a huge achievement and testament to your willpower to actually sit these exams! We're all winners, some will just be better fed than others ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

Best of luck everyone! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good luck, schol folk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Best of luck everyone, really hope everyone gets it!

On the train on ny way up soooo nervous. Best of luck everyone and may the force be with us all :)

Good luck, everyone! :)

• Advertisement

67. Sixty f*cking seven! Argh. What a waste of three months... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Got them!! Thought i had no chance, still in a state of shock! Should probably go into college now so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Somalion

Didn't get them, knew that chem exam had f**ked me over :D Oh well, not the end of the world :) Congrats everyone who got them!

I got schols woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Congrats to all the new Scholars, and commiserations to those who missed out- it shows such determination and discipline to even do the exams in the first place, so keep your chins up! :)

Anyone know when the list of new scholars will be posted on the TCD website?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭gaeilgeboy

gutenberg wrote: »
    Anyone know when the list of new scholars will be posted on the TCD website?

List available here: http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/

Congratulations to the newly elected!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

gaeilgeboy wrote: »
    List available here: http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/

Congratulations to the newly elected!

Thank you!

ONE HUNDRED AND THREE new scholars?! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

Congrats to all who got it. For anyone who didn't get schols, where can you get your results? How long will they be up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Is it my imagination or are there more occupational therapy scholars in this one year than in the past 20? or longer?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

5 Occupational Therapy Scholars!!!!!!!! Brings a tear to my eye :)

Advertisement