Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Leopold.

First time scholars are all housed in Goldsmith Hall. After that you can apply for anywhere on campus eg Botany Bay, Front Square etc

So you get Schols privileges for 5 years, 1st year in Goldsmith ,then the remanding 4 years accommodation on TCD campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

You get the accommodation for those 5 years as long as you're still a student, so if you graduate after your undergrand and don't go back as a student for a masters or another postgrad course you won't get accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

First year in Goldsmith is not a hard-and-fast rule. There's often one or two who end up in College proper. I've also heard of people being offered Goldsmith in other years, but only if they have not been there before.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    First year in Goldsmith is not a hard-and-fast rule. There's often one or two who end up in College proper. I've also heard of people being offered Goldsmith in other years, but only if they have not been there before.

Thanks, so it's either Goldsmith or on campus but not trinity halls?

Yep! Goldsmith is fine btw, maybe not as nice as some of the main campus rooms but certainly nothing wrong with it!

• Advertisement

What date will the results be announced? I think i may have done better than i initially thought,hopefully i got it - can't do it next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Leopold. wrote: »
    What date will the results be announced? I think i may have done better than i initially thought,hopefully i got it - can't do it next year!
    Trinity Monday is the 8th of April this year. 10AM Front Square

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Trinity Monday is the 8th of April this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Yep! Goldsmith is fine btw, maybe not as nice as some of the main campus rooms but certainly nothing wrong with it!

Goldsmith is actually better than some of the campus rooms. I've specifically requested it before for that reason: if you ask for Goldsmith you'll get it, whereas campus is a crapshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Goldsmith is actually better than some of the campus rooms. I've specifically requested it before for that reason: if you ask for Goldsmith you'll get it, whereas campus is a crapshoot.

It's like a prison though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

I know I haven't got schols but I'm still looking forward to results coming out so people will stop asking me about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I can't wait to see how badly I did in physics. Hopefully chemistry and maths will bring me up to just over 40% to save me some embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

Good luck tomorrow people! Speaking from experience, life does go on if you don't get it!

I'm not going in to Front Square... I know it goes online at noon but where exactly will it be posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

What exactly is the dress code for 10 AM?

I don't want to be the only guy in normal clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Sparticle wrote: »
    What exactly is the dress code for 10 AM

Normal clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

To anyone who did it who thinks they have any chance (pointing at certain people, you know who you are) I'd recommend going in to front square at 10am. If you do get it, hearing your name being called out is just a fantastic experience, and one you should not miss.
    If you don't get it, it'll suck, no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭yelselseivad

Best of luck to everyone - my son sat them but doesn't hold up much hope, to just have sat them is an achievement though, whether successful or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

• Advertisement

Congratulations to everyone who got it!

66. Close, but so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭whendovescry

66. Close, but so far away.

Do you have to go in to find out your score?

Do you have to go in to find out your score?

Don't think so, my school said they'd post the breakdown on blackboard later, maybe yours will too? Try emailing the executive officer. I knew I hadn't gotten a first but I went in anyway. Bad call.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

58%. That's about 15% more than I expected so I'm actually quite happy :). I'd love to see the breakdown for my marks, I have no idea how I ended up with that average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

First time in a while since the Toronto hasn't gone to Maths/TP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Fringe wrote: »

82% in history, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

blubloblu wrote: »
    82% in history, wow.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Fringe wrote: »

We can't win 'em all. :pac:

I was too happy to get it in the first place to worry about Toronto.

Advertisement