Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Best of luck to yous in these last couple weeks.

Was incredibly hard for me around Christmas, but just remember that you're into the last stretch now so give it all you can. Short term pain for long term gain, and once Trinity Monday rolls around and your name gets called out it'll all be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Half of my conscience is telling me to give it all up and have an enjoyable month off.
    Other half of my consciene is telling me to find my productive study hat, wipe Leaving Cert dust from it, and get down to work for the month.

The actual me is doing some relatively unproductive study and is being eaten away by guilt.

23 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Do the work. The benefits are worth ten times what you will get from one relaxing month. Loosing one Christmas is a small price to pay for what Schols will get you. (Which ironically includes so much Christmas commons that you will want to go back to the days of pretending it wasn't happening.)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Seriously considering not doing it myself. I feel very confident for 1 paper, but absolutely screwed for my other 3 and I've been doing very little work up til now. I just don't know if it's worth 3 weeks of intense cramming if it won't do any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Thought I'd get a break this Christmas after the hell I went through last year for schols.

I was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Well that was an unproductive week. Let's hope the next 2 work out a little better :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bayareayogi

Oh dear .... this seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I'm just stressed. We have an extra paper this year as well - night .... MARE!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Pretty quiet thread this year, I'm predicting less scholars than last year :P

Pretty quiet thread this year, I'm predicting less scholars than last year :P

Maybe they are too busy studying? :P

But there will be less either way due to a lack of 3rd years.

Just was given Assassin's Creed IV as a gift... Must resist... Study...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Eng schols is becoming a terror for me. 9 more days until it kicks off. Go go go!

So unproductive over Christmas. I keep fluctuating between OH GOD THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME and thinking I can do it no problem. Really need to get back into the habit of study, I broke it this week and now I just can't bring myself to go for more than a little bit at a time.

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    So unproductive over Christmas. I keep fluctuating between OH GOD THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME and thinking I can do it no problem. Really need to get back into the habit of study, I broke it this week and now I just can't bring myself to go for more than a little bit at a time.

Same feeling :P

I am so incapable of studying at home. Really relying on being extra productive once the library re-opens.

I am so incapable of studying at home. Really relying on being extra productive once the library re-opens.

Shame that they're only open the Thursday before :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fland

Got an exam in somewhere called 'Goldhall', which is the building on Pearse St. I think? Where in there would they hold exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

There's a big lecture theatre through the double doors in front of you just as you walk in

Finally got around to using the Regent House study space today, but I only lasted an hour because it is FREEZING in there. I figured it was time to stop when I could no longer feel my fingers. Not as productive as I'd hoped :(

Finally got around to using the Regent House study space today, but I only lasted an hour because it is FREEZING in there. I figured it was time to stop when I could no longer feel my fingers. Not as productive as I'd hoped :(

Are there desks set up there or do you have to sit on chairs with mini-desks on them?

It's all set up for the exams so there are desks. It might not be open, it wasn't when I went in but I just asked security and they said I was the only one who'd wanted to use it today :o So if you need use of a laptop or anything you should be able to use one of the few plug sockets around the place.

• Advertisement

Must stop looking at pictures of people I know on facebook having fun ....
    hours and hours and hours of study later .... and I think I may be regressing!!

Too little time to learn everything and too far in to not attempt them at this stage! Hoping for a miracle :P

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Too little time to learn everything and too far in to not attempt them at this stage! Hoping for a miracle :P

We are in the same boat! Best of luck next week. Hope all the effort pays off

There doesn't seem to be many on here doing them this year :P

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be many on here doing them this year :P

Sometimes I like to hope that there aren't many people doing them at all, meaning that they'll HAVE to give it to me since they've nobody else to give it to... at the moment I think that's my best bet tbh :P

Sometimes I like to hope that there aren't many people doing them at all, meaning that they'll HAVE to give it to me since they've nobody else to give it to... at the moment I think that's my best bet tbh :P

Except we all know that's not how schols works in the slightest.

234 wrote: »
    Except we all know that's not how schols works in the slightest.

I obviously wasn't being serious ;)

I obviously wasn't being serious ;)

Same goes. It's a pity there is no punctuation for "light hearted tone"

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

234 wrote: »
    Same goes. It's a pity there is no punctuation for "light hearted tone"

:pac: or :P or :D or ;) or :p or :) or :rolleyes: or :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Hang on, Polka_Dot. 234 says he was not being serious when he said, "We all know that's not how Schols works" There's hope!!

Advertisement