Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Best of luck to all on here doing them :) Hopefully all this work will be worth something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Good luck guys. All of you have a chance if you give it your best, so just do that! No more can be done, at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Good luck everyone!

Keep a clear head and see through all the exams to the end regardless of how you feel.

Good luck everyone!

Keep a clear head and see through all the exams to the end regardless of how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bayareayogi

Best of luck to everyone!! Cant wait to get in there and just get cracking at this .... roll on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Best of luck everyone, see yis at the pav on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Good luck everyone! Not starting until Wednesday but just want them to be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Good luck everyone! Not starting until Wednesday but just want them to be over!

Secretly you love them though ;) :pac:

Hmm that could have went either way :P Roll on Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

That was... pretty good. A bit too good perhaps. Only 3 more to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bayareayogi

They need to turn the heating on in Luce. That's just cruel !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scholsinfo

To save myself running around thursday is the gold hall the same thing as the goldsmith hall?
    Thanks

scholsinfo wrote: »
    To save myself running around thursday is the gold hall the same thing as the goldsmith hall?
    Thanks
    Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

Had an exam in Luce Upper yesterday, my teeth were literally chattering and my hands went a funny colour. A little bit of heat wouldn't go amiss!

Had an exam in Luce Upper yesterday, my teeth were literally chattering and my hands went a funny colour. A little bit of heat wouldn't go amiss!

Twas ridiculous!

That sounds awful! I was in Luce Lower and didn't find it that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

hot-water-bottle.jpg

I think Luce Upper's lighting might have had something to do with that! I had a midterm exam there, and the lightbulbs they have seem to give everything a funny colour. My ordinarily red pen was producing orange ink while I was in there. Yes, plus it's very cold. Smelly, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

Have my hardest exam today :( weh weh weh

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

good luck with the last few exams folks, every other exam after these really will seem like a piece of cake. :)

• Advertisement

Honestly couldn't answer anything in my one today. Made a few attempts but nothing that would even bring me up to a pass. Don't think I want to sit the others.

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Honestly couldn't answer anything in my one today. Made a few attempts but nothing that would even bring me up to a pass. Don't think I want to sit the others.

Sit them anyway. I thought I failed my 2nd exam and it ended up being my 2nd best exam. I've heard of people not sitting all their exams because of one bad paper and then finding out in April that they got a first in it or would probably have gotten schols if they sat their last exam.

You've put in all the work it'd be an injustice to yourself not to finish! It's nearly over and then you can forget about it :)

Sit them anyway. I thought I failed my 2nd exam and it ended up being my 2nd best exam. I've heard of people not sitting all their exams because of one bad paper and then finding out in April that they got a first in it or would probably have gotten schols if they sat their last exam.

You've put in all the work it'd be an injustice to yourself not to finish! It's nearly over and then you can forget about it :)

Normally I'd agree but I had to answer 4 questions and there were only two that I could attempt. And of those two I barely made a dent in them, so mathematically speaking there's not a chance I got 40%

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Normally I'd agree but I had to answer 4 questions and there were only two that I could attempt. And of those two I barely made a dent in them, so mathematically speaking there's not a chance I got 40%

That's a nightmare :/ I know it's pointless and any words of encouragement will sound saccharine but maybe sit the other two just for the sake of practice before May? You could be pleasantly surprised by what you get in them when you find out in April and it could be motivational before the finals!

I've an exam tomorrow morning study for which involves learning six essays by heart. Three come up and you write them down as fast as you can because time is short. They are fairly lengthy for 45 mins (1200 words) and I keep thinking I'm gonna blank out or something like that. Having a mental breakdown over the whole thing.
    As well as that, I've another exam tomorrow and it's probably the most difficult of the 4. And to top it all off it's my birthday tomorrow :pac:

That's a nightmare :/ I know it's pointless and any words of encouragement will sound saccharine but maybe sit the other two just for the sake of practice before May? You could be pleasantly surprised by what you get in them when you find out in April and it could be motivational before the finals!

I considered it but I'd left some stuff to do for the remaining ones until yesterday/today so I was in no mood to actually do the revision. Also I think it'd be worse to go in and do well, because then I'd forever be cursing that one exam. In this case I think ignorance is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Athos902

I've an exam tomorrow morning study for which involves learning six essays by heart. Three come up and you write them down as fast as you can because time is short. They are fairly lengthy for 45 mins (1200 words) and I keep thinking I'm gonna blank out or something like that. Having a mental breakdown over the whole thing.
    As well as that, I've another exam tomorrow and it's probably the most difficult of the 4. And to top it all off it's my birthday tomorrow :pac:

An economics student I'm guessing. Today was a total train wreck, I don't think I've ever done as bad in two exams before. I wouldn't be too upset but I did so well in my first exam.

Athos902 wrote: »
    An economics student I'm guessing. Today was a total train wreck, I don't think I've ever done as bad in two exams before. I wouldn't be too upset but I did so well in my first exam.

Yeah we probably know each other, to see at least.

Econ II was fair, thankfully remembered all the essays and wrote them down.
    Econ I was very unpredictable, no market structure question and no general equilibrium. I had nice answers prepared for Oligopoly and Welfare Theorems and then I just scraped another question. Francis decided to mix things up a little, eh? :/

Not sure if I did enough but I was able to answer everything and only made a few mistakes. Done now anyway!

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Not sure if I did enough but I was able to answer everything and only made a few mistakes. Done now anyway!
    Only took you a few months of study but now you don't need to even think about schols until April!

• Advertisement

HOW GOOD IS IT TO BE ABLE TO DO THINGS APART FROM STUDY AND NOT FEEL GUILTY OMG

Advertisement