Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kitten7

I'm so nervous!

I emailed two of my course coordinators for a nod either way and didn't hear back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Poor you, I don't envy you this weekend. Good luck! Hope it works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Guys might as well "enjoy" the occasion and remain blissfully unaware until Trinity Monday itself. We've all waited since January for results, so I don't see much point of trying to figure out this weekend whether we got it or not, unless perhaps you cannot face seeing other students get it on the day and you not getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

It's gonna be a looong weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Athos902

Guys might as well "enjoy" the occasion and remain blissfully unaware until Trinity Monday itself. We've all waited since January for results, so I don't see much point of trying to figure out this weekend whether we got it or not, unless perhaps you cannot face seeing other students get it on the day and you not getting it.

I've come to terms with not getting schols myself, but my god I'm going to be upset if one of my friends/classmates get it. I'm so petty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

That's not true for every department.

I only got a congratulations email from my tutor. School of Pharmacy keep it very quiet (save for the occasional subtle hint) until Trinity Monday.

Yeah I meant you get an email on monday. None of us had any indication until trinity monday.

Do you get an email prior to the public announcement if you don't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

kitten7 wrote: »

In general, no. Some departments might, but most don't reveal anything at all to anyone.

God, that's so cruel!

Weirdly, my dept did the opposite - TWO lecturers told me I got it well in advance, but for some reason no-one told the poor girl who didn't so she turned up hopeful on the day. It varies so much from dept to dept that there is just no point in trying to anticipate what yours will do, hard as it is. Misneach! Only one more day to go.

• Advertisement

lfqnic wrote: »
    Misneach!

...the irish department by any chance?

...the irish department by any chance?

Irish Studies, technically, but yes ... the detective department? ;) (That would look damn good on a hoodie.)

Damn I wonder if the Irish department still tell people in advance :( that total burst my bubble!

Arrgh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything! I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

As far as I know there was a crack down beginning last year on departments telling people in advance. Think a few of the AHSS departments were guilty of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Anita Blow wrote: »
    As far as I know there was a crack down beginning last year on departments telling people in advance. Think a few of the AHSS departments were guilty of it

Very bad form to tell people in advance, ruins the whole point of the public announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

Good Luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Good luck.

234 wrote: »
    Very bad form to tell people in advance

I would argue that it's worse form to have a load of hopefuls waiting around in the rain for a potential massive let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I would argue that it's worse form to have a load of hopefuls waiting around in the rain for a potential massive let down.

I dislike this attitude. The sanitising of the whole thing by telling everyone in advance would be a shame.

• Advertisement

That's exactly what you sign up for. It all part of the process. It's an institution and not just some other exam so there ae certain formal aspects that go with it.

http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/fellowship/#ns

Those are the Scholar's so.
    Any results up?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Is it possible to appeal results just out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Is it possible to appeal results just out of interest?

Not really. Only if they made a huge mistake in summing up your marks or something like that. Ask Apexaviour who started this thread.

Are the results online yet? I can't find them.

http://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/FellowsScholars/fellowship/index.php

List of 2014 scholars here. Congratulations to all those elected, and commiserations to those unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

Wow 20 schols from medicine and 12 from science :eek: congrats to everyone who took part this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

69. No words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wsxzaq

Does anyone know where results/marks are posted?

• Advertisement

wsxzaq wrote: »
    Does anyone know where results/marks are posted?

You request them from your school.

Advertisement