Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Light on dashboard

Options
  • 11-11-2007 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Possibly silly question -- I drive a 00 VW Polo 1L (just incase that info is needed)
    and I'm wondering what the symbol of the car with what looks like the boot open is of? What does it mean if that light is on?
    It came on when I started my car earlier today (second time I'd gotten into it) and then it was gone again when I got into it later one (therefore 3rd time driving it)

Any help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It means either your hatchback isn't fully closed, or the switch on the shut panel that controls both your boot light or the indicator on the dash is dicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm thinking maybe the latter... the boot hasn't been opened at all today.
    I wonder, the guy I bought it off, had put in two sub woofers (i think) on the back shelf so maybe when putting the wires down the sides it might have affected the shut panel you mentioned?

(thanks btw :) )

Advertisement