Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AV it!

• 11-11-2007 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

A couple of us from AV 1 (hooo!), 3 and 4 were thinking about having an AV night at some stage! What would everyone think? It'll most likely be in The Metro!
    Imagine it, a bar filled with AV kids! it would be excellent! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

woo fun...:rolleyes: , just make sure its not a friday when us computer nerds are there:cool:, eventhough it shouldn't make a difference cos its always full on a friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Uh, where have you been? There's AV nights all the time... Anyway, organising it here is completely pointless. Here's what you do:

Get a sheet of paper. In big red and blue letters write something like "AV NIGHT IN METRO, BITCHES". Puts some stars around it, maybe a few stick men pictures. Maybe include a reference to some lecturers we like or dislike.

Then put this on the AV board.

For extra effect write "That means YOU Molloy!" (trust me, it'll work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

We could have an 'AV and friends' night, so the computer nerds are included :D (if they happen to be friends of AV peeps)

We've been looking out for posters for AV nights for ages, and so far, nothing!
    I stumbled across a small AV gathering on Friday night, by chance!
    They had a lecturer with them then... I can't remember his name! He was cool and liked Stephen Hawking... that's all I remember!

AV 1s always have a thing on Wednesday nights, we could organise it for then! I dunno.
    I'll make this poster and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

We could have an 'AV and friends' night!

That sounds like a good idea, although AV and Friends sounds like some MTV acoustic session where we just invite people to sing random karaoke, although, thats still not that bad of an idea
    They had a lecturer with them then... I can't remember his name! He was cool and liked Stephen Hawking... that's all I remember!

It was more than likely [/Name Censored for Legal Reasons] that you saw with the AVs, since he seems to be always out, and is a fine lecturer and great craic. Its like someone said in my year the other day, in no other course, would you ever invite your lecturer out drinking...its a unique bond that AVs seem to have with the lecturers and its great, both on a social and educational level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I stumbled across a small AV gathering on Friday night, by chance!

Ha! I was there. I was the tall one arguing constantly with the lecturer. Which were you?

• Advertisement

KAREOKE!
    Good idea! :D

It was Brian Han.... I dunno how to spell it! It's not spelt 'Hannah', is it?
    He's hilarious!

Oh, three of us were there! Alison, Catherine and Meeee (Andrea).
    I was the girl with the shortish brown hair! I was wearing a purple mini skirt, black top... ?

What's your name!?

KAREOKE!
    It was Brian Han.... I dunno how to spell it! It's not spelt 'Hannah', is it?

Its Brian Hanna, hes good craic alright, I just didnt know whether or not we should be talking about specific lecturers on this board, im not sure if they allow it. But I guess as long as we're not badmouthing them its ok.
    Alison, Catherine and Meeee (Andrea).
    I was the girl with the shortish brown hair! I was wearing a purple mini skirt, black top... ?

I think I remember you guys from radio week, I must have tried to encourage you to join the radio society at some point

Oh right!
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind!
    :)
    He seems cool!
    Can't see many of the other lecturers heading out with us!

Maybe so!
    Were you the person signing people up... who knew a girl in my year, with long blonde curly hair with a name beginning with L? (I'm scared to mention anyone's name on this now :P)

Oh right!
    Maybe so!
    Were you the person signing people up... who knew a girl in my year, with long blonde curly hair with a name beginning with L? (I'm scared to mention anyone's name on this now :P)

Thats me alright, ah good ol' Lisa, I knew her cause she knows my brother...its a small world alright....although im glad i got a chance to meet all the AV1s that day cause I usually dont get that oppurtunity

You might have also been part of the radio class that was brought in live during my show on radio week

Ah, I see!
    I was there when you were speaking to her at one point!
    I wasn't part of that radio group... I have it on Wednesdays from 6-9!
    We didn't go during Freshers' Week because the ball was on!

I set up an AV club on a website there... I'm not allowed give out weblinks on this though, apparently! I tried to eariler and I got a private message saying I'd be blocked if I "spammed" the page again!
    The username is audiovisualkids... it's on a website beginning with B, that everyone knows about and is banned in college! Go use your immagination and find it!

• Advertisement

I set up an AV club on a website there... I'm not allowed give out weblinks on this though, apparently! I tried to eariler and I got a private message saying I'd be blocked if I "spammed" the page again!
    The username is audiovisualkids... it's on a website beginning with B, that everyone knows about and is banned in college! Go use your immagination and find it!

Got ya so, Ill seek it out!

Hurrah!
    :D

Zillah, are you going to join up so we can all find out who you are!? :P

Hurrah!
    Zillah, are you going to join up so we can all find out who you are!? :P

I know Zillah!

Who is he?
    Some of us who were there that night were trying to figure it out the other night!
    SO confusing!

Who is he?
    Some of us who were there that night were trying to figure it out the other night!
    SO confusing!

Well I cant give any bebo addresses or anything but I'm sure you'll find out in good time. And I must congragulate you, 14 posts is quite long for an average thread on the Boards.ie notice board. Ive been posting here longer then I've been in the college and I've never seen any posts from AVers, except people thinking of doing AV, so its nice to see some posts from AVers and for it to get a good response

Although that could have just been me rambling on

Advertisement