Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows File-Explorer Working Slowly

• 11-11-2007 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi to all!
    I've had several problems with my Windows Explorer. The opening or saving a file through several software is not working fast or sometimes not at all. Also the opening of big files (over 200mb) especially .exe files from the explorer freezes the whole explorer. For example: I want to download a file in Firefox from a web page. I click on the file ( coolfile.txt ) with my right mouse button and select "Save as..." then I choose the saving location, which takes a long time just to wonder around in my directories. I've found the place where to save the coolfile.txt. I click on "Save". After releasing the mouse button whole Firefox freezes.

I am in a big need of help! If you know something about this please tell me!

Windows XP Home: SP2
    Firefox 2.0.0.6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You would get a better answer in the Windows forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from IT Certification.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Explorer has a lot of timeouts, it will wait for a certain time for a drive to respond, real pain in the A.

try removing removable drives

create a download folder somewhere,
    in firefox - tools preferences main and chose the option to always save files in - the folder you have created
    this means it won't ask you where to save in case the problem is explorer browsing

if your computer is running slow generally check for malware with spybot/spywarebalster or you favorite one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

OlldGranny, are you sure you aren't actually a spambot?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gordon wrote: »
    OlldGranny, are you sure you aren't actually a spambot?
    well spotted that man..

exact same post with answer here
    http://forums.gamershell.com/index.php?act=ST&f=85&t=18919

closing thread - at the least the OP is cross posting , ignoring assistance. and timewasting

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement