Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Big Scrap Yard around Dublin

Options
  • 11-11-2007 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for a big scrap yard around Dublin where I could get parts from to restore my bimmer E36 or even why not get good condition parts for my E46 (Like M body or else...).

Do you know a place guys?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The place opposite the Red Cow (just off the M50) would be a good start. They tend to have everything there. Don't know what the place is called though.

Failing that, there is another place on the Greenhills Road between Walkinstown and Tallaght (again, I don't know what name of the place), and they seem to have quite alot of fairly modern cars. You could try them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Marvelous, thanks buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

Traynors up the north the come down twice a week and stop in different parts of dublin you meet them and pay when you get the part i use them alot very good price's cheaper than down here. phone number 04838891242.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i dont know many Big yards but i know guys who break cars for a living and could get you a small discount ?

pm for my info if you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

There is a great scrap yard just outside kilcock on the old enfield road, he has 100s of cars there. sorry dont have a number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jus wrote: »
    Traynors up the north the come down twice a week and stop in different parts of dublin you meet them and pay when you get the part i use them alot very good price's cheaper than down here. phone number 04838891242.:cool:

I'll add my vote to that. Very smooth transaction as the people in the call centre can look up exactly what part you need and if it is in stock. Very professional compared to your more "conventional" scrap yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Smiths Breakers in Duleek.Have hundreds of cars.About 10 mins off M1.Got parts for my old BMW E there.
    Kilcock Car Dismantlers
    Dont be afraid to go North.Am sure there are hundreds there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jus wrote: »
    unkel wrote: »
    I'll add my vote to that. Very smooth transaction as the people in the call centre can look up exactly what part you need and if it is in stock. Very professional compared to your more "conventional" scrap yard
    It's the only one I've been to that have crashed Ferraris and Lambos in stock! :eek:

They have or used to have a drop off daily at the Coachman's Pub near Dublin Airport.

Advertisement