Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photshop colour question...

Options
  • 11-11-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

In photoshop, why is #030303 darker than #00000(Black)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Its not on my screen, its probably your graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

If it is my card rendering colours wrong then it should be fine on your screen? I have a feeling its my display settings rather than my card which would mean that the image below would appear darker on the left half to others... to me its darker on the right.

How is it for you... darker on the fest or right?

blackcg6.png

Although if it is my screen settings then shouldn't #00000 still be darker than any other colour??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

If I tilt the monitor, the left side is darkest by a few shades. Head on, you have to look so bloody hard to notice the difference ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

they're both #000000 scotty (digital colour meter on a mac)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm reading #000000 and #030303 here ...

• Advertisement

There's a huge difference on my screen. Left is more a dark gray then black... my contrast must be miles off. :(
    Thanks for your help ppl

minikin wrote: »
    they're both #000000 scotty (digital colour meter on a mac)

Could be that you have "web safe colours only" selected? #030303 is not websafe.

I just set my display back to default settings and they look exactly the same now even looking at an angle. I am using a new HP lappy (HD Screen) with 7600 GO card... when i use it in work beside a run of the mill 19" flat screen the colours on the flatscreen look more vibrant, reds are redder, yellow is yellower etc. I have used the adobe colour wizard thingy but I find it a but erm.... inconclusive. Any one suggest a good colour calibration site please??

Advertisement