Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1 Series coupe

Options
  • 11-11-2007 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

What are peoples opinion of it? Seems to fill the niche of people who want a sleek looking BMW but can't afford the 3 Series coupe. Reviews on the look of it seem to be mixed. I think it's a big improvement over the 3 door and 5 door version. Have not seen it in the flesh though. Does anyone know if there is a BMW Ireland launch event??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I was looking at a 135 for the missus and working out over 70 grand pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I was looking at a 135 for the missus and working out over 70 grand pretty expensive

I think your well intoo afford a 3 series territoy there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

A 135i/d for a girl...
    Insane lol
    At least she can shop around faster, ok that's a point

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Seems to fill the niche of people who want a sleek looking BMW but can't afford the 3 Series coupe.

or people who just want a great lookiong small car and find the 3 series a bit dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 apple_danish

70k seems crazy!

I can't see the 1 series coupe having much competition. I mean what other premium brand has a similar car? Nothing in a merc or an audi that I could directly compare. It will be interesting to see how sales go. I'd imagine the cheaper versions could steal a few Golf GTI drivers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hyundai would be proud of that one :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I'd imagine the cheaper versions could steal a few Golf GTI drivers...

exactly what happened to my gf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Hyundai would be proud of that one :D

Agree 100% - its the nastiest looking BMW released since the... well since the 1 series hatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Where are ye getting €70k for a 135i from? This must be about the 5th thread on the 1 series coupé.

The most expensive 135i costs €61,150.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My lunatic sister wants one. She's driving a 116i SE 5 door Hatch now, and has fallen in love with the Coupé. Having said that, I'd much rather get her into the new Clubman. But being in the family, and working for who I do, I'll be put through the wringer for either car regardless ... the joys of dealing with family.

I think the car to go for is the 123d, 210Bhp twin turbo diesel. Having said that, I haven't seen it in the flesh, or driven it yet. Time will tell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

ned78 wrote: »
    I think the car to go for is the 123d, 210Bhp twin turbo diesel. Having said that, I haven't seen it in the flesh, or driven it yet. Time will tell!

Yup 204 BHP, 0-60 in 6.7 secs, 54.3mpg. Can't argue with that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

ned78 wrote:
    I think the car to go for is the 123d, 210Bhp twin turbo diesel. Having said that, I haven't seen it in the flesh, or driven it yet
    Any car that has more power than a Sierra Cosworth:eek:, VW Golf GTi and even more than the original E30 M3:eek:, has more torque than a Ferrari 360 Modena, and in spite of all of this is only a 2.0 litre engine that does an astonsihing 54.3 mpg sounds like a car very much worth driving. Even the most anti BMW person couldn't but argue that the engine in the 123d is a phenominal feat of engineering.

A 123d SE has to be the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing.

That said, I'd still have the 135i if I could afford a 1 series Coupé!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The 1 series is bad enough, this one is absolutley hideous....why oh why would anyone want one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

hey dudes

where are you getting all the price info from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

Looks better than a 3 series in my opinion. The sort of squished styliing suits its size better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Snarler wrote: »
    Looks better than a 3 series in my opinion. The sort of squished styliing suits its size better.

You could always buy a 3er and get someone to crash into the back of it - would achieve the same effect.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

E92 wrote: »
    Where are ye getting €70k for a 135i from? This must be about the 5th thread on the 1 series coupé.

The most expensive 135i costs €61,150.

When you add in toys you are hitting near 70k according to Frank Keane BMW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

For 61k i would prefer a 3 series coupe sports.Much nicer car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Jeez, for 70k or even 61k you could get a proper proper proper sports car. Better in every way, starting with looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

the 1-series coupe is the worst possible interpretation of chris bangle's vision for BMW starting with the z9.

1-series coupe - appalling muck, people who drive them would be as well off with a hyundai coupe. people will think you're a classless muppet either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote: »
    Jeez, for 70k or even 61k you could get a proper proper proper sports car. Better in every way

Proper proper proper? Any example? 0-100km/h in just over 5 seconds is a bit sporty alright in my book and €60k seems expensive for a small family hatch alright but it's cheap enough for that kinda performance, no? Faster than the fastest ever Honda so called supercar :rolleyes: :D;):p

Advertisement