Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do I stand?...

Options
  • 11-11-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey guys..

To sum up my current living situation, Im staying with 5 others in an appartment in the city centre, Ive been there for about 4 months now, I used to live above them and Id hang out with them as mates before I was offered a room there when my lease on the other appartment was up.
    • When I first moved in they didnt ask me for a deposit as they werent bothered getting one off me as the lease there is up on the 15th of December.
    • The other day, there was talk of everyone contributing something to the deposit as there may be small damages once the house has been analysed by the landlord (scratched plaster etc....the landlord is the same landlord as my previous one...unbelieveably picky when it comes to damages.
    • The rent im paying is €550 a month...and money is tight at the moment so im going to pay around €200 for money towards the deposit (€1600 for the appartment in full).

Now, heres my question; I never signed the Lease when I first moved in so you'd imagine I'm free to go whenever I want to. I dont really like living there anymore as they are reaaally messy people (and I thought I was bad) and ive had enough basically...

If I find a new place within a week, Could I just pay them for the time that I spend there from now until then? or do you think id need to pay the full months payment even though I may not be there for say, the last 2 1/2 weeks before the lease is up?

Legally am I sound?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,789 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Giving one month's notice seems to me to be the right thing to do. I wouldn't be making any 'contribution' to the deposit.

If you are concerned about being sued, see a solicitor.

Advertisement