Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gormley tax plans in Sunday Times

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Any idea when we find out what the rates are and when it comes into effect!?

Unless the minister's office publishes proposals, it might not be announced in full until the budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My tax is due at the end of december - I never buy a full year, I will this time.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Mine's not due till Feb next year, so I am fairly worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

maoleary wrote: »
    Unless the minister's office publishes proposals, it might not be announced in full until the budget

You may remember, a few years back, Road Tax was removed from the budget, it is not now included in Budget Day, it is fully at the discretion of the pseudo-Environment Minister , and can be changed at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

E92 wrote: »

And not forgetting the MINI Cooper D which one person managed 85 mpg out of it!

85mpg.jpg

I found this on the MINI Club website

Woot, that was me. I'm driving a 1.6 Petrol Cooper now though, and getting approx 55mpg from that, which isn't bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

If my 1.6l ford focus (which is more fuel efficient than a 1.4l) is going to lumped into the same "gas guzzler" bracket as a 3.0l SUV then I'm going to go out and buy a 3.0l SUV. Might as well get what I'm paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Gegerty wrote: »
    If my 1.6l ford focus (which is more fuel efficient than a 1.4l) is going to lumped into the same "gas guzzler" bracket as a 3.0l SUV then I'm going to go out and buy a 3.0l SUV. Might as well get what I'm paying for.

LOL! Rep +1, that's the right attitude! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I recevied a written reply from my local TD with regard to Gormley's plans. He said that he has requested information from John Gormley on the proposed changes and will keep me updated.

Better than no response I guess.

I also see in the news today that Cowen
    "also confirmed that tax on cars with high carbon emissions will be raised significantly while the tax on more environmentally friendly cars will be reduced"

I assume this will be done on engine size :rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1205/budget.html

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

dcGT wrote: »
    I recevied a written reply from my local TD with regard to Gormley's plans. He said that he has requested information from John Gormley on the proposed changes and will keep me updated.

Well I finally got a response from John Gormley, not directly mind you, but via my local TD. His answer consisted of a lovely copy the new CO2 tax bands. With regard to tax on petrol query, he clearly stated that this was nothing to do with him and the Minister for Finance is the person who is responsible. Looks like we need to target the Minister for Finance on this one. Although I'm sure Brian Cowen won't be in a hurry to change the current system.

DC.

Advertisement