Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

polo not right HELP!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

VW Polo had a gear box change last week. took it out and its at 4500 revs doing 90 mph? its as if i've no 5th gear. WTF?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Its a POLO, unless its the GTI, i wouldnt expect it to be much better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Ha Ha HA. Point taken but 4500 revs in 5th at 90mph there has to be something serious wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Thats perfectly normal rev range. Again, it's a Polo, what are you expecting. In fact I'm surprised it's not revving higher at 90mph..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Thats perfectly normal rev range. Again, it's a Polo, what are you expecting. In fact I'm surprised it's not revving higher at 90mph..

Gear box was changed out on it and it'd hit 100 before it came to 4000. 4500 at 90??? it's a 01 1.4

Its as if i've no fifth gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

1oo in a polo :eek:..
    why not jump of the roof... at least you wont bring anyone with you at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OP - you need to check the gearbox code on the previous box and also on the current one - if they are different then there could easily be differences in ratios.

The new box will have the code stamped on the casing somewhere and the code for the previous box will be on a sticker in the boot (spare wheel well) and on a sticker in the inside of the service schedule book.

Advertisement