Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUNNES STORES-cordless kettle

Options
  • 11-11-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I bought a stainless steel cordless kettle from Dunnes, i think it was late last year. Problem is yesterday, after a day of drinking some rather plastic tasting
    tea i found that the inner side of the lid had broken off and was lying in the bottom of the kettle.
    The kettle and base have the dunnes silver stickers on the bottom so its fairly obvious they come from there, and i think the original packaging might be in the shed, But unfortunately i cannot find the receipt.
    What are my chances of getting a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Best bet is to just take it down to your local Dunnes and see what happens. Chances are they'll probably just sort out a replacement if they can see that it is their own brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I doubt you will get anywhere with a year old kettle without a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Kahless wrote: »
    I doubt you will get anywhere with a year old kettle without a receipt.

Agree unless they still sell the same model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Cheers guys.
    I have to say that i agree that i probably wont get anywhere without the receipt but i think i might just do what kensington suggested and see how i get on. Suppose i wont know unless i try will I?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If the guy in Dunnes has any sense, he won't allow you leave the store with that kettle. This could be a safety issue and could be quite serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

How long do you expect to get from a dunnes stores branded kettle in all fairness? I think a year would be fair enough you cant have paid that much for it in the first place. Chances are they will change it for you though esp if you have the box/barcode

I think i paid about E30 for it. In fairness i would expect more than a years use from a kettle, dunnes branded or not. And from past experience i have learnt that a higher price doesnt necessarily mean a better product.

The kettle i am returning is literally disintergrating! Anywhere the plastic surround meets the stainless steel is crumbling away. I suppose i should consider myself lucky that i got away with just ingesting bits of plastic and what looks like glue, rather than having the handle fall off and scald myself!
    Im not able to get to Dunnes till next week but i will let you know how it goes.

Managed to get to Dunnes on friday and got a refund. No doubt i shall find the receipt now!

Advertisement