Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating update

Options
  • 11-11-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

As some of ye may remember I had friends needing or wanting men. Was getting on my nerves. Anyway a new phenomenon has swept Galway & long may it last! Instead of the usual dating patterns we now have coffee/breakfast dates on Sunday morning...and my God are they working! 3 of my 6 ladies have now got other halves...becaue of this. In fairness it's great cos you get to chill & talk & really find out about a person, seems to be the latest in Halo anyway, arrange to meet the following day. Just said I'd share anyway cos I think it's a welcome development!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I need to go to halo!

Wanted to go last night but my useless friends took too long about finishing their pints and we were too late to get in, so we ended up in the Warwick.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

So you not looking for the type of fella who is so ****faced from the night before he wakes up in time for dinner the following day...dam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

*mono* wrote: »
    So you not looking for the type of fella who is so ****faced from the night before he wakes up in time for dinner the following day...dam
    Haha that's exactly what I was thinking! Even if I did manage to get up for breakfast... I'd be looking so rough and smelling so bad I doubt KD would want to have a coffee with us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

needing or wanting men.
    other halves

Your friends sound a bit clingy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

padi89 wrote: »
    Your friends sound a bit clingy :p

Have you seen her friends...Surprised they can wait till breakfast

WH_fat_girls.jpg

*GaeilgeGrinds...This is a poor attempt at a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

I just ate my dinner you b*stard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Jeez talk about picking up on my every word. They're lovely girls, seriously gorgeous looking but want relationships...that makes them clingy in yer world but in mind kinda normal. We all get sick of the single life at some stage.
    Anyway breakfast is usually at 3pm so if by then ye still look rough I dunno!
    Seems to be working a treat for them and I'm relieved to see some more glowy faces & smiley girls around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

have you a partner yourself????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

For some reason your posts make me want to hurl.

Ulgly desperate bints trying to bag a husband in Halo thinking they are living the Sex and the City life....eughh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

They're lovely girls, seriously gorgeous looking but want relationships.

I find women my age just want something loose. I prefer having a relationship but they don't. it's hard having this attitude at 18

Yes I do, 6 years and counting, expecting out first baby in January. Why would you think my friends think they are from Sex & the City? How very narrow-minded, as for wanting to hurl, not my doing I'm sure.
    Regarding the 18 year old wanting a relationship, you'll find a girl who's just right for you in time, don't mean to sound patronising but it really is worth the wait for the right girl, don't give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

If all the Lads these Girls met on a night out had the same attitude as most here,it's no wonder they need an alternative way of meeting someone on Sunday whose head is'nt up their ass:)

, you'll find a girl who's just right for you in time,
    What will actually happen is you will hit an age when you will notice more and more desperate needy women and one of them will latch on to you. The perfect girl will turn out to actually be a compromise and a relationship of mutual convenience. Thats what most relationships are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Snarler wrote: »
    What will actually happen is you will hit an age when you will notice more and more desperate needy women and one of them will latch on to you. The perfect girl will turn out to actually be a compromise and a relationship of mutual convenience. Thats what most relationships are.

Thats a very cynical point of view is it not? What about romance and love??!! :)

I don't take on board the bad comments, only the good ones, that's my general philosophy. As for cynicism...some of ye need to try love, it's not a compromise in the sense of not getting what you want, it's marvelous.
    Long may these Sunday afternoon breakfasts last cos then more people will beam as widely as I have been these past 6 (nearly 7) years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I don't take on board the bad comments, only the good ones, that's my general philosophy. As for cynicism...some of ye need to try love, it's not a compromise in the sense of not getting what you want, it's marvelous.
    Long may these Sunday afternoon breakfasts last cos then more people will beam as widely as I have been these past 6 (nearly 7) years.

while i dont refute the whole love thing I still think it's utterly daft how some people feel so pressed to find someone... if you feel incomplete with yourself, how does simply having a partner solve all your problems? the people in the healthiest relations i know stumbled into them, rather than actively sought... I know some who simply stick together though because they dont want to be alone, it's weird too see...

then again i'm still relatively young so what do I know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

We all get sick of the single life at some stage.

LOL ROFL Ha ha headoff would ya ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Thats Comedy.:D:p:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Snarler wrote: »
    You can often hear them ticking as they walk by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cmcd

Steyr wrote: »
    LOL ROFL Ha ha headoff would ya ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Thats Comedy.:D:p:D

wedding_singer2.jpg

Is that you on the left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

cmcd wrote: »
    wedding_singer2.jpg

Is that you on the left?

The man in that picture is clearly not rolling on the floor, laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

WHat'll happen is I reach thirty when women are thinking of starting a family.
    Then things'll happen

It's really easy to say ye admire those who stumble upon their relationships, I did and I'm lucky & I know that but if you're not shopping you won't purchase!
    It gets harder as you get older but I seriously think this breakfast thing is great, that was the original point of my plan. In fairness the Irish way of meeting someone steamed & snogging the face off them is hardly the best way to start a beautiful relationship?! My opinion of course, works for some but not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

My god so many immature morons on this board now! @snarler .. are you for real?

Happy things are working our for u and your friends gaeilgegrinds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It's really easy to say ye admire those who stumble upon their relationships, I did and I'm lucky & I know that but if you're not shopping you won't purchase!
    It gets harder as you get older but I seriously think this breakfast thing is great, that was the original point of my plan. In fairness the Irish way of meeting someone steamed & snogging the face off them is hardly the best way to start a beautiful relationship?! My opinion of course, works for some but not me.

It doesn't work for me anymore, I'm much less of a tart than I was when I was younger.
    I quite like the breakfast/brunch idea, often I'll get a phone number but I quite often can't remember much about the interaction as I get wasted after chatting to them and talk myself out of calling them, I'm sure if a solid follow up was arranged I would have half a chance of remembering and turning up!

hey GG?

Any more single friends of yours send them my way. I'm just after watching When Harry Met Sally and I'm a changed man.

So come on hows about it. Love over a latter on Quay St?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It gets harder as you get older.

You can sing that!

I fear I'll have to renounce my athiesm, find god and become a priest if I'm single for much longer... hmmm upside is I could be an actual Pope instead of an internet one.

To quote my sister "I haven't had sex in so long I think my hymen is growing back"

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

Madge wrote: »
    Thats a very cynical point of view is it not? What about romance and love??!! :)

snarler is right love is a misunder standing between two fools:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Funny this thread came up. Russian girl I have met a few times lately (shes absolutely savage) texted me out of the blue Sunday morning to go for breakfast about 12. But I was outta town. Must be a new thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

MattKid wrote: »
    often I'll get a phone number

you never called.......

*SOB* *SOB*

Advertisement