Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco clubcards

• 11-11-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I am going to apply for one of their clubcards. Do the vouchers come back though just for particular items (that I may not even want)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Your points get converted to vouchers that you can use on anything. They will also send vouchers out for other products that you may never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

All explained here.
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you get the clubcard deals with the vouchers, you get 4X the value of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Don't bother... unless you spend a fortune as you typically only get back 1%.

Also, they, (Tesco), are unreal in a big brother sense... we bought new born pampers for our new baby for a few weeks in tesco, and they sent us a congratulations letter on the birth of our newborn baby!

They know everything..... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's still something for nothing.
    If you don't do your shopping in Tesco then not much point, if you it's worth it especially when they do their "specials" i.e. 50% rebates on consoles, Video's, dvd's, cd's, wine etc.
    It all adds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Access wrote: »
    Don't bother... unless you spend a fortune as you typically only get back 1%.

Also, they, (Tesco), are unreal in a big brother sense... we bought new born pampers for our new baby for a few weeks in tesco, and they sent us a congratulations letter on the birth of our newborn baby!

They know everything..... :eek::eek::eek:

Thats why all shops do club cards. It's an easy way for them to track your spending patterns and help them with their marketing. For the cash you get off it's worth it. You'd be spending the money regardless so may as well make something back off it. You can also use it to buy petrol/diesel and get points there. And when they give the 5c off per litre you have to have a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Well can say it worth it as last year i changed over to tesco xmas saving club and am due to get 120e vouchers this week so happydays. wish aldi and lidl do something like that as spend a small fortune in them as well,on there cheap wines cant beat them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It all adds up.

You could even say "every little helps!". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've lost my clubcards, oops, anyone know how long it takes to get a replacement and can you apply online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you do your shopping in Tesco it definitely worth having one.

- you get 1% back in money-off vouchers - this does add up if you're spending €100+ every week
    - you can convert the money-off vouchers to Deal vouchers for places like the Zoo, Insomnia, Harry Ramsdens etc and you get €4 for every €1 voucher
    -If you have a Tesco credit card you get points every time you use it (and extra points when you use it in Tesco)
    - they also send you additional discount vouchers for certain products and thanks to their all-seeing big brother database, these usually are products that you buy.

ok, in exchange you are selling them your soul, but you can't have everything (where would you put it?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well worth it. I converted my last set of vouchers to meal deals (4x value).
    So on friday i enjoyed a €72 meal at lemongrass with my wife. I had €60 worth of vouchers so i left a €20 to cover the rest and tip. I would have spent €20 on a take away anyway :D
    and when they do the specials such as 25% back on alcohol and computer stuff, and also clothes then it makes a nice difference too. Use it when filling up at their petrol stations too :D
    At the end of the day, its not costing you anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The clubcard scheme is more for Tesco's benefit than yours. They use it to develop shopper profiles and marketing initiatives. However, I accepted that when I signed up to it and I'm happy to get a little back every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

If you lose your clubcard just pick up a new one instore and ring them and get them to transfer over your old points. I now save my vouchers and use them to get things from the days out/holidays catalogue . We got 2 adult and 2 kids legoland tickets for around €40 worth of vouchers so very good value. Can also use them on Stena Line, zoo etc.

Advertisement