Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Starting work in Smyths on Wednesday, hopefully be bringing it home with me. Been looking forward to this for months, i want it even more than i want GTA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Excellent game. Jumping around all over the place is great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Played it for a couple of hours last night and it's the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Been waiting months for this release. Reminds me of thief another awesome game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The game look brilliant. Very much looking forward to this and Mario Galaxy is out the same time :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i have to finish orange box and phantom hourglass this week or else i'm in danger of being eaten by the glut of games, lets not forget mass effect, raving rabbids 2 and guitar hero 3 all before the end of november :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Any idea of it's region free or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

T'is region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

mayordenis wrote: »
    i have to finish orange box and phantom hourglass this week or else i'm in danger of being eaten by the glut of games, lets not forget mass effect, raving rabbids 2 and guitar hero 3 all before the end of november :'(

Im in the same boat!
    Im playing phantom hour glass on my breaks at work and then home to play Halo & Call of Duty .... I want to get through them before i start orange box and assasin creed. I cant remember a better time to be into games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't played it.. have never taken advantage of the downloadable demos in XBox Live like i said i would.

Last game i downloaded due to all your recommendations was PES 2008.. and we all know how that turned out! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Melion wrote: »
    Starting work in Smyths on Wednesday, hopefully be bringing it home with me. Been looking forward to this for months, i want it even more than i want GTA

They wouldn't give my mate a discount until after 3 months work...so good luck with that!

basquille wrote: »
    Haven't played it.. have never taken advantage of the downloadable demos in XBox Live like i said i would.

Last game i downloaded due to all your recommendations was PES 2008.. and we all know how that turned out! ;)

No demo available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, how was kensutz and CarefulNow playing it? Ordered from the States?

Not out in the states but like Kenny 5 can get one for a pro contract I can also get one for helping out EA and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

jade-raymond.jpg

Every thread about assassins creed needs a Jade Raymond photo. For, eh, you know. Things. Boobs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Too Many Games.... Can't Play Them All.... More about to be released....

It's just not fair, years and years playing crap licensed platformers on the Megadrive back in the early ninties then BAM!!!!!!!! 15 years later more great games than I can shake a stick at, it's an old old story.

Seriously though, I've got Heavenly Sword, COD4, MotorStorm, Super Mario Galaxy, Lego Star Wars Conplete Saga, PGR4, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Corruption, COD2 (on hard!), Space Giraffe, EEEE, and I want to buy Assasins Creed and The Orange Box, then there's Mass Effect, Rock Band, Uncharted Drake fortune, Ace Combat 6, Resi Evil Umbrella Chron, Geometry Wars Galaxies and Visual Training for my DS, too many great games, not to mention the financial outlay on great games I'm not going to have time to play.
    Whats a gamer to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

jade-raymond.jpg

Every thread about assassins creed needs a Jade Raymond photo. For, eh, you know. Things. Boobs.

Yeah she alright.. Anyone seen the gampley actual fight footage does not look that good tbh but great draw dsitance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

LOL, for a second there I thought you were saying she didn't look that good but had good draw distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Smegball wrote: »
    LOL, for a second there I thought you were saying she didn't look that good but had good draw distance

lol that is a good interpration lol

Awesome bump mapping too by the look of it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think I might have to wait a while to get this - just bought a Wii and need Mario to play on it. But Assassin's Creed just looks so purty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

jade-raymond.jpg

christ on a bike. i thought she was some game model or something....

The producer? Speaks French? Loves games?

me = in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Make up does wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

xanthor wrote: »
    Make up does wonders.

You've met here in real life then? :confused:

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for playing Assasins Creed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

1UP only gives it 76%;
    While the story may seem a little complex, the actual game structure is surprisingly simple: Kill nine dudes. Yep, that's it. But before you can start the slaying, you must perform various investigations in order to gather the adequate information for each hit. You gather information in several different ways: picking pockets, eavesdropping on conversations, performing tasks for fellow assassins, and interrogating informants. In order to find out where you need to go in order to accomplish these tasks, you must climb up to various viewpoints throughout each city. (Though how you learn where to eavesdrop by simply climbing up a building is beyond me.) Regardless, turning Altaïr into a medieval Spider-Man in order to reach high points is one of the best parts about the game.

Or at least until you get sick of it -- which will likely happen very quickly. The fault of Creed's game structure isn't what you do -- gathering intel and conducting hits is actually pretty sweet. The repetition of these actions, however, is severely bitter. I kept waiting for a changeup of the objectives, and, well, that never happened. From the first hit to the last, you go through the same motions over and over and over...find the viewpoints, do the investigation missions, and take out the final target. It got to the point where I only did the minimum amount of investigation tasks needed to perform each kill. To make things worse, despite Ubisoft's faithfulness to history, the three cities of Acre, Damascus, and Jerusalem are practically the same. Do they have different people populating them? Yes. Do they have different buildings? Yep. Do they have different color tints to remind you that you're actually in a different environment? Uh-huh. But do they actually play any differently? Not at all. Variety is all I want, really, but three open-world cities with little to no indoor areas did not give me that. At least I can't complain about how beautiful these cities look. Not just the cities, either -- everything in Assassin's Creed is covered with a superb coat of polygon polish. Hopefully the beautiful engine that powers this game will be used in future Ubisoft titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I never pay much attention to 1UP. Did the guy know anything about the game before he played it? It was always going to have a sequel and possibly be the first of a trilogy. B1tching that it feels like it's unfinished and is just setting things up is like b1tching that The Fellowship of the Ring doesn't end properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Branoic wrote: »
    I never pay much attention to 1UP. Did the guy know anything about the game before he played it? It was always going to have a sequel and possibly be the first of a trilogy. B1tching that it feels like it's unfinished and is just setting things up is like b1tching that The Fellowship of the Ring doesn't end properly.

what 1up did was review the game from the perspective of someone who didn't read all the crap before the game. played it as it was presented. and for that, i am thankful. all the videos i've seen show very strange (if not outright weak) combat and all this talk of an amazing plot twist seems to have disappeared into "it's still good though" from sources who have played the game that i'm aware of.

it's not a bad review, it's just not buying into the hype and giving it 11/10 (though that score is reserved for super mario galaxy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eurogamer went the same way as 1up.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87432

I think I'll pick this up 2nd hand in February or March. I've enough games to get through over the next few months.

Mr E wrote: »
    Eurogamer went the same way as 1up.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87432

I think I'll pick this up 2nd hand in February or March. I've enough games to get through over the next few months.

They also gave Resident Evil 4 7/10 and Halo 3 10/10 recently, so I've pretty much lost faith in EG.
    I've preordered it on play-asia, so won't receive it for a good few weeks, but I've got enough to keep me going in the meantime anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quarryman wrote:
    me = in love

Get back to the end of the queue with all the other horndogs (including me).

I'll be picking this up along with Mario Galaxy on Friday. I'm going off the sauce this weekend so need some entertainment. Despite the only half decent reviews I'll probably still like it since it's a bit more original than most of the offerings in November. I really enjoyed crackdown and it's being compared to that as well. Also I want ot keep Jade Raymond in a job so we can have more pictures when she reveals her next project.

Advertisement