Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    11.99 on play.com, worth it?

Yes!

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago direct to the Xbox, paid €29.99. Brilliant game.

Note to self: Hide credit card when drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

I picked it up the other day in gamestop and im really enjoying it. Good value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

eightyfish wrote: »
    Yes!

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago direct to the Xbox, paid €29.99. Brilliant game.

Note to self: Hide credit card when drinking.

30 quid, you sucka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

This game looks class

11.99 in hmv today in cork, picked it up myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Deffo gonna pick up AC2, loved the first game..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can't spell assassins creed without ass. Twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i was going to pick this up then found out that theres no online play
    whats the story with this is there going to be one in the new one

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can't spell assassins creed without ass. Twice.

Having played it fora few days (I'm not really a gamer), I have to say that it is fairly repetitive. It looks beautiful, controls fluidly and is hugely immersive. I will probably finish it anyway, but the main problems are:

repetition of missions
    one-button-combat
    repetition of voice samples - very annoying if playing on headphones.

The visual side still makes it very enjoyable though. Looking forward to 2, where they've fixed those problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have you hand for that!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the mistakes are so stark and obvious (and have been repeated on the net so often) that I actually think the next one is going to be awesome.

I read an interview with the director and he made some of those points too. Combat will be improved, voice samples greatly enlarged... no more pickpocket and eaves-dropping missions and a wider variety of missions.

If you stick to the main missions and dont do any of the side missions, a lot of the issues you are reporting are mitigated and I found that there was still more then enough in the game for me (it IS quite vast!).

So, I hold out hope for AC2 and I like the DaVinci setting too...

DeV.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll have you hand for that!

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

seen this for sale in game stop today 4 20e did not buy it yet as i bought the new nfl madden game will .its will worth 20 snots played it on the ps3 and was well impressed with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Brilliant game got it for 11quid.. Repititive for awhile but as u develop the character it gets really good,Just finished it,Bring on AC2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Can't wait to play AC2

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just got an xbox and a friend gave me a loan of this. My gaming experience to date is sonic on a mega drive and fifa 98 on a PS1. So, as you can imagine, playing something like this is like speaking Japanese! So, excuse me if my next comments come across as retarded.

Initially, I didn't know what the hell was going on. I spent the first hour or two just walking about wondering what to do, finally figuring out how to reach my objective etc. But when I got to my first view point I didn't know what my next objective was. I'd be on the horse, following the symbol with the counter going down and when I get to where the counter tells me, I end up back in the ''blue space'' and then somewhere different, and that repeats back and forth, leaving me with no idea about what I'm doing wrong!

I fail.

ha brilliant. i think you jumped to something too big too soon. i didnt like assassins creed, i found it very boring

Advertisement