Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was planning to get this on friday but I'll hold off for now at least until I read some more reviews. No gamespot review just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I always go off metacritic because it takes the average scores of the major reviewers. Plus it lets you read through them all. I wouldn't trust gamespot anymore after they gave PDZ 9.0, it is the worst game I ever bought for the 360.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed

Overall averge is 9.0, looks like a safe buy to me, if not I'll just take it back after a day or two and change it for something else.

Edit: seems to have taken a knock, down to 8.5, ah well, can't win them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

My wallet has just breathed a sigh of relief.
    It's taken one hell of a beating lately with all the games.

Also have so many games to enjoy, this can wait til 08.

And Mass Effect has yet to drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I knew it! I knew this game would be a disappointment! Generally any game I'm really looking forward to ends up being poo! I hope Mass Effect bucks this trend!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

IGN: 7.7

Gamespot: 9.0

hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gamespot is just a marketing machine for games companies. It just hypes up any old ****e. I actually expected the game to be as 1up described. I'll most likely still get it. It'll tide me over till Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Meh forget the reviews, from the videos I've seen it looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

assassins creed will be good but did any1 see the pre-relese comic for it??

its suggested time travel which in my opinion would ruin the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

hhhhhmmmm been looking forward to this for a long time but some of reviews say it gets fairly repetive.

Think it looks worth the gamble though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Will this be released on thursday or friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

according to the official xbox mag its friday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm shame the reviews aren't as glowing as game reviews tend to be these days. Definitely looking like Galaxy will be a safer bet on Friday til I hear some more opinions on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I have this pre-ordered on play.com. What are the chances of it arriving in the post on friday?? I'm praying it does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Moiph wrote: »
    I have this pre-ordered on play.com. What are the chances of it arriving in the post on friday?? I'm praying it does!

Well I ordered Virtua Tennis 3 off play.com a few months ago and still waiting on it to arrive :p

Moiph wrote: »

Nah, I pre-ordered CoD4 LCE in October from Play and I'm still waiting. I bought it in the shop anyway last Friday. Play don't ship games until their release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

it only got 7/10 from eurogamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you should take into account that this game was hyped as the be all of gaming. This IS a quality game, without a doubt. It slaps prince of persia with a trout and makes hitman look like a choirboy.

The reviews are mostly talking about dissapointment, because it was given so much hype. If this game wasnt hyped at all ive no doubt it would be 9/10.

I dont get into hype much but couldnt help it with this game.

Its well worth the purchase imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Reading some of the reviews I'm starting to have my doubts about this game..
    A lot of them are stating that the repetitive play frustrates after a few hours.
    a good site for reviews of games seems to be www.1up.com
    The reviewer seems to be very balanced and doesn't gloss over the negative points like others.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319

Crysis only got 8 outta 10 while AC gets only 7.

Gamespot gave it 9.0 Editors Choice. They say its a must own for every 360 and PS3 owner, and call it a classic that you will remember playing years from now.

And if you look at the other reviews realistically, what game is not repetive? You could say that about CoD4 if you wanted, PGR4 even the great Portal sure look at GoW, cover, shoot, cover repeat for 5 hours. I don't see repetition as a vaild point for dissing a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I followed zero of the hype for this game and am not surprised at the mixed reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

what game is not repetive? You could say that about CoD4 if you wanted, PGR4 even the great Portal sure look at GoW, cover, shoot, cover repeat for 5 hours. I don't see repetition as a vaild point for dissing a game.

Fair point, but the difference is that the games you mention are all very fast paced. You don't get much chance to catch your breath in CoD4 and GoW (I think for a FPS CoD4 has lots of variety within the constrains of the format, GoW less so, some of the environments felt copy and pasted with different textures sl).

But the trouble with AC is that it's a much slower paced game so you need lots going on to keep your interest up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

And if you look at the other reviews realistically, what game is not repetive? You could say that about CoD4 if you wanted, PGR4 even the great Portal sure look at GoW, cover, shoot, cover repeat for 5 hours. I don't see repetition as a vaild point for dissing a game.

Well the game mechanic in AC is probably very enjoyable. The controll of the character, the fighting etc but they make you do the same thing over and over.

In portal they have an enjoyable game mechanic but each level changes, becomes more complex and adds new abilities. Together with being very witty and has an interesting story.

CoD4 has a great game mechanic and the levels change enough to stop it feeling repetitive.

GOW I don't like so wont argue about it

Sure any game can be called repetitive, sure in Mario 64 all you had to do was go around collecting stars. The difference is wether it feels repetitive, some reviewers say AC does. Doesn't mean its not worth the purchase though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Played the PS3 version last night and initially I felt it was vert scripted and dull but it quickly got interesting and is no more repetitive than any other game. The game looks great and plays very smooth and there are some tough parts to it.

It's not going to get much replay value and there's no online option but it's a very good game. now whether it's good enough to hold off the competition from CoD4, Mass Effect, Haze, Drake etc is doubtful, but for gamers who loved Tomb Raider, Thief and Crackdown it's a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ign only gave it 7.7......
    I wont be getting this untill its 30.00 quid or less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I'll be getting it, i dont mind waiting surveying in a stealth game. Hitman aswell is similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I read an interview with one of the game programmers where he talked about the gameplay.

He basically said that yes, you do the same thing for each assassination - ie, you climb to vantage points to get the lay of the land, gather intelligence by pick-pocketing, eavesdropping and interrogating, and then perform the final kill, but its down to you how you go about all this. He gave the example of a sports game where each match is essentially the same but its up to you how you want to play it. The same could also be said for the likes of Crackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Rental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

For those who may not have seen gameplay clips : http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvs9FxCxvy8

Looks class cant wait to get hold of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

tescos in roscommon has it on their shelves since 1pm today :/ im getting my bro to pick up a copy when he leaves, so i should have it at 9:30 :)

Advertisement