Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Roscommon ffs :rolleyes: why couldn't you live nearer civilization? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

hehe :p, the guy that was putting them out wasn't from tescos, its some other crowd so i don't know if he was told to or it was a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah they have a seperate company put out the dvds and games, Complete Idiot if he didn't know the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

How much are tesco charging?

Does anyone know if the Asian version is in English, like most Asian games on playasia? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-assassins+creed-70-1u9x.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Got confirmation that Virgin megastore online shipped my copy today,
    €47.20 including shipping - sure I'd only get a couple of hours in the
    pub for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

59.95 but i got the 50% off the xbox and got my vouchers this week so i dont mind the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

Gona go play it in a few minutes...I love working in Gamestop:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nephew wrote: »
    How much are tesco charging?

Does anyone know if the Asian version is in English, like most Asian games on playasia? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-assassins+creed-70-1u9x.html

I'd say it is, but didn't want to risk it so just got the US version instead... shame that it won't be in stock until the 30th though, and then an extra week for delivery on top of that...

/edit
    well my order page say that it'll ship on the 30th anyway, looks like it should be sooner than that though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i bought it in tesco in Finglas today for anyone interested 59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

My copy would have posted from play.com today only for a mix-up with the card payment, sorted now and its being placed for dispatch so it should leave tomorrow. Probably wont have it until Monday at the earliest though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm so excited I may just pee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

so this is out already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Can it be bought today in the city centre? And where is selling it for best price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Can it be bought today in the city centre? And where is selling it for best price?

Quoted for emphasis.

ntlbell wrote: »
    i bought it in tesco in Finglas today for anyone interested 59.99

....anybody seen it in Tesco Clarehall or Artane? I'm too darn lazy to drive to Finglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll pop over to Clarehall at lunch and let you know.

edit: Yep, Tesco in Clairehall (in Dublin) has it for 360 and PS3. I'm assuming all Tescos have it. It think it was €52 (I should of paid attention).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Jusr been down to xtravision in Shannon. on sale tomorrow for €70 !!!

Anyone suggest a better place in Limerick to get it ? Preferably somewhere that takes trade ins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

When I saw 1UPs review I wasn't pushed, cos I never read them. But then I saw Eurogamers review and I got a bit worried, as I tend to like their reviews, and I've been looking forward to this game more than the second coming.

But the folks at Penny Arcade are the people on the net I trust most with gaming opinions, and Gabe has posted a really good response to the negative points some reviews have raised about the repetitive missions and the ending.

My faith is restored, and I again cannot wait.

Anyone know if the limited editions will be available in a variety of stores, or are they exclusives to a particular store?

brianon wrote: »
    ? Preferably somewhere that takes trade ins.

Game, Gamestop, and Xtra-Vision are the only three that come to mind, but i'm wondering if any of them will match the price Tesco are charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Nice video review

in short moronic enemies

is there a demo to download on xbox live ??

http://www.gamebrink.com/blog/2007/11/14/reviewers-not-sure-if-assassins-creed-is-good-or-not

xanthor wrote: »
    Game, Gamestop, and Xtra-Vision are the only three that come to mind, but i'm wondering if any of them will match the price Tesco are charging?

hmmmm. 60 in Tesco but I'm still left with those unwanted games.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »

edit: Yep, Tesco in Clairehall (in Dublin) has it for 360 and PS3. .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm seriously worried about the state of the AI in the game. The enemies are supposed to be totally moronic, and that as soon as you go into low-notice (or whatever its called) mode, you are pretty much invisible to any enemy.

Some of the clips on the eurogamer review showed Altiar killing an guard, with another guard 5 feet away, then going into 'quiet' mode, walk behind the other guard and killing him. Stupid enemies can really bring a game down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm seriously worried about the state of the AI in the game. The enemies are supposed to be totally moronic, and that as soon as you go into low-notice (or whatever its called) mode, you are pretty much invisible to any enemy.

Some of the clips on the eurogamer review showed Altiar killing an guard, with another guard 5 feet away, then going into 'quiet' mode, walk behind the other guard and killing him. Stupid enemies can really bring a game down.
    tell me about it.i hate games with stupid ai

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

humanji wrote: »
    I'll pop over to Clarehall at lunch and let you know.

edit: Yep, Tesco in Clairehall (in Dublin) has it for 360 and PS3. I'm assuming all Tescos have it. It think it was €52 (I should of paid attention).

Sweet, I know where I'm stopping off after work :)

Ronan wrote: »
    Sweet, I know where I'm stopping off after work :)

Me thinks I shall follow suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Branoic wrote: »
    But the folks at Penny Arcade are the people on the net I trust most with gaming opinions, and Gabe has posted a really good response to the negative points some reviews have raised about the repetitive missions and the ending.

My faith is restored, and I again cannot wait.

Anyone know if the limited editions will be available in a variety of stores, or are they exclusives to a particular store?

Same here. Gabe is a legend and my faith (for now) has been restored in this game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

so are all tescos in general selling it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gerrardinho8

i tried tesco in roselawn and they dont even sell games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I have not read thru this complete thread but if you look at the reviews metacritic links to, the one consistent thing which alot of reviewers are talking about is how repetitive the game gets. Not a mention of this on gamespot. But 1up, eurogamer, and a few others pointed this out. Thinking of holding off to see what people here think about the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The collectors edition comes with a pretty spiffy altair statue, saw it in work today. 80 bones though!

Advertisement