Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Is there vsync tearing in this game or not ? Anyone know ?

And what's all this talk about censored versions out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

hmmm, just tried Tesco in Clarehall and no sign of it. Nothing but blank looks when I asked too :( I am guessing they coped on and pulled it 'till tomorrow.

Oh, if anybody is interested the rip off merchants next door (Gamestop) will be charging 74.99 for it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Gamestop are charging an absolutely insulting price. How can they get away with it? I think the 80 euro price for the collectors edition is reasonable (you do get a big ass statue with it) but 74.99 for the vanilla edition?

Honestly, walk down the road anywhere and you'll probably save 15 euro or maybe even more. Gamestop really have gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GAME are gonna charge 70 for it. Still over the odds, but I get a discount so I'm not too bothered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

All Tesco stores were issued with a notice earlier to withdraw the game from sale till at least midnight tonight. (tomorrow obviously for the stores that close early).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Won't be rushing out to buy this after reading the reviews like I thought would originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

Gamestop are charging 69.99 for it actually as far as i know..although i wanst really listening in work when somebody said it so could be 74.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Tried Tesco in Limerick (Coonagh R'dnout) and no luck.

Anyone know if tesco will be selling the collectors ed. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Guess I got mine in time - Tesco clare hall had a load of them at about 3pm. Only 54.99 aswell, better than gamesh*t next door.

Still undecided, it looks lovely, but I really don't give a crap about the lame story. My initial impressions are that I should really have rented it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My copy just got dispatched from Play-asia this morning. Cost about 37 euro total which sure beats 70. I'll gladly wait till next week for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Gamestop are charging 69.99 for it actually as far as i know..although i wanst really listening in work when somebody said it so could be 74.99

Was deffo 74.99 in Clarehall Gamestop.

Smyths are advertising it on the radio for 63 euro with loyalty card.
    Hopefully Virgin will be doing it for under 60 like COD4.
    75 euro in gamestop ?? who would buy it there ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

55 in tesco is cheapest, can't imagine xtra vision would be any lower.

Anyone know which tesco's in Limerick sell 360 games ?

Flaccus wrote: »

Well the new Tesco at the Coonagh Roundabout do.

All those reviews giving this 7's are obviously victims of the hype, this game is amazing, especially if you liked prince of persia or shadow of the colossus, 9/10 at least. A few great moments so far, like when you first see how huge Damascus is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah Gamestop are charging an absolutely insulting price. How can they get away with it? I think the 80 euro price for the collectors edition is reasonable (you do get a big ass statue with it) but 74.99 for the vanilla edition?

Honestly, walk down the road anywhere and you'll probably save 15 euro or maybe even more. Gamestop really have gone to the dogs.

Agreed, thieving gits they are. I picked up COD4 in Hmv on Henry St. for €55, next door in GameStop it was €70 - there's your €15 saved. Was plessantly surprised Mario was selling for €50 in Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

in argos for 59.99.

i still dont get it, people rushing around, there was people outside my argos store this morning queing, but all our new release games are always reserved.

save yourself the stress by just reserving tbh, never missed a game on release day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ShaneU wrote:
    All those reviews giving this 7's are obviously victims of the hype, this game is amazing, especially if you liked prince of persia or shadow of the colossus, 9/10 at least. A few great moments so far, like when you first see how huge Damascus is

I completely agree with you here. I think the game is amazing. I can understand how it can get repetative, but it's fun. I'm not too far into it, but it's great so far. I'm loving the whole openess, and I'm still amazed at the sheer size of Damascus. The AI is alright. There's nothign bad about it, it just doesn't strike me as amazing. And I hated the fighting at first, but once you get the hang of it, it flows very well.

And I'm glad that it has little thing like collecting flags, or finding all the lookout points that give the game some replayability and give you a good reason to explore the maps (which again, are f*cking awesome!).

So far, I only have one real criticism of the game (for which I'll use spoiler tags :) )
    The story starts with you in the future and the assassin parts are you replaying the memories of your ancestor. And I feel it really takes away from the game. It's almost like the creators wanted an excuse to skip forward and back through the story without having to explain it, and it just sucks in my opinion.

But anyway, I highly recommend this. It by no means deserves a 7/10, I really would give it at 9. It delievers on everything it promised and then some.

I agree, it's hard to immerse yourself in the world when It keeps switching back to the future all the time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Eurogamer & 1UP both gave it 7/10, sounds like it's not that great after all
    It's a fitting end to a game that starts off brightly, wriggling elusively as you try and grasp what's going on, delighting in the mechanics and beautiful visuals, before sinking into a pattern that, while fairly gratifying, never evolves and ultimately becomes a bit boring, and quite amazingly repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Elessar wrote: »
    Guess I got mine in time - Tesco clare hall had a load of them at about 3pm. Only 54.99 aswell, better than gamesh*t next door.

There was someone rearranging the games at around 3:30 when i got my copy, guessing that's when they got pulled.

It's not that it's a bad game as such... but it is a little slow paced, and a little repetitive at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

zabbo wrote: »
    Eurogamer & 1UP both gave it 7/10, sounds like it's not that great after all

Have you not read the comments IN THIS thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Flaccus wrote: »

And Crescent. Will pop in after work to see how much they have it for or even if its on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

How many hours you guys in

You cant surely be scoring the game after only 1 or 2 hours gameplay

Can someone tell me you has played the game if it has vsync tearing. This was something I was following closely and the developers were supposed to have fixed it. Thanks.

Bit of shopping around Limerick and...
    Smyths (Childers Road) : 70 (62 w/loyalty card)
    Virgin Megastore (Crescent) : 55 (thats where I bought it)
    Gamestop (Crescent) : 75 !!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Vegeta wrote: »
    How many hours you guys in

You cant surely be scoring the game after only 1 or 2 hours gameplay
    It's basically the same thing repeated over and over. I'm enjoying and since it's not going to change, then neither will my opinion :P It's not the type of game I'd want to sit down and get through in order to see the plot. It's more something to play to kill time and relax, kind of like when you bum around in GTA without doing the missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Meh,

Im probably the only person in the world with no interest in this game, at all!

Dont get me wrong, the graphics are lovely and I liked some of the older splinter cells (cept DA) but I just could not be arsed playin this game, ive 2 many games at the moment and too little time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Fieldog wrote: »
    Meh,

Im probably the only person in the world with no interest in this game, at all!

Dont get me wrong, the graphics are lovely and I liked some of the older splinter cells (cept DA) but I just could not be arsed playin this game, ive 2 many games at the moment and too little time!

I just flat out ignore all the gaming media I can so this is not a purchase for me I'd say

Advertisement