Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anyone know any shops in Dublin that have the 80 euro one with the Altair figure?

GAME on Dawson street are sold out, same in Illac

Dont mind on PS3 or 360.

Think its a GAME exclusive but i may be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got mine in GAME Blanchardstown this morning. Give them a ring and ask them to hold one for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Fieldog wrote: »
    Meh,

Im probably the only person in the world with no interest in this game, at all!

Dont get me wrong, the graphics are lovely and I liked some of the older splinter cells (cept DA) but I just could not be arsed playin this game, ive 2 many games at the moment and too little time!

me too. CoD4 at home waiting to be played yet and Orange Box is next on the shopping list.
    That and i dont particularly like sandbox type games.

Scruff wrote: »
    me too. CoD4 at home waiting to be played yet and Orange Box is next on the shopping list.
    That and i dont particularly like sandbox type games.

Tried Liffey Valley there no luck,

Girlfriend just dipped into Dundrum for me and got the last PS3 one!

Sweet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sixty yo-yos in Xtravision for anyone whos interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

brianon wrote: »
    Bit of shopping around Limerick and...
    Smyths (Childers Road) : 70 (62 w/loyalty card)
    Virgin Megastore (Crescent) : 55 (thats where I bought it)
    Gamestop (Crescent) : 75 !!!!!!!

Nice one Brian. Virgin it so on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Excellent mate...virgin are just down the road. Will pick it up after work. Same place I got COD4.

Gamestop should be slapped for charging those ripoff prices but there are always people who will pay I suppose.

So vsync tearing. Anyone ?

Flaccus wrote: »
    So vsync tearing. Anyone ?

Definitely some on the 360 version yeh,

Was playing it during the week,

Gonna try the PS3 one out tonight.

Funny that none of the review sites have mentioned this :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I haven't noticed it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i got the special edition in gamestop.

Thats what a specual edition is all about, it certainly beats the cod4 special ed.

The figure you get is quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Sixty yo-yos in Xtravision for anyone whos interested.

Hopefully its the same down here in waterford..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

i got the special edition in gamestop.

Thats what a specual edition is all about, it certainly beats the cod4 special ed.

The figure you get is quality!

You mean GAME right?

Isn't it a GAME exclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

dazftw wrote: »
    Hopefully its the same down here in waterford..

Xtra Vision in Arklow was selling it for €69.99, not €60 :(

Damn it. Tearing really ruins it for me. Can't play any game with vsync issues. Don't know why. I can live with hardly any AA like in Halo3 but tearing is a deal breaker for me. Couldn't play PDZ over it. C&C3 had the same problem too. What annoys me is I was looking forward to this and read a preview where the reviewer said all the tearing issues had been ironed out. Pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Vsync tearing? what the hell is that? Just enjoy the game and stop searching for graphical glitches :rolleyes:

It's where basically the refresh rate of your screen (usually 60hz on a PC LCD) is less then the framerate the game is rendering at. So when you move around in the game this causes edges in the game world to tear. This is tearing. It's not searching for graphical glitches as you say. It's right on front of you in the worst cases and very annoying as every fps PC gamer knows. Although I do know some people who say they don't see it, which is strange and they are obviously blind. It's also strange it's happening on Assasins Creed as I heard the framerate is low. But maybe it's low on average and only in the places where it's high you see this tearing.

Turning on vsync (which you can do on the pc) caps the framerate and eliminates tearing as the framerate never rises above what the LCD can handle (so you are trying to sync the framerate of the game with the lcd's capabilities) but also it means if your framerate drops below 60fps, having vsync on will half it again to 30fps. (due to the quirky nature of the way LCD panels work) Which is why some people complain about it's use. It can kill framrate. And why hardcore fps players never use vsync and live with tearing. There are ways around it though like using tripple buffering via programs like Riva Tuner where the hit isn't as bad. On consoles you have to live with it, unless the developer releases a patch like they did for Saints row.

So really I should have just asked if there is tearing or vertical tearing. You asked :D

I guess I'll chance it. Do Virgin take stuff back ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Branoic wrote: »
    Xtra Vision in Arklow was selling it for €69.99, not €60 :(

Same with the Xtravision in Glenageary - €70 (although you get that 3metre long receipt with €5 of rental vouchers, still not worth it). Just looked in Tescos in Arklow and no sign of it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

WellyJ wrote: »
    You mean GAME right?

Isn't it a GAME exclusive?

No its NOT a Game exclusive...we got about 20 of them delivered yesterday...and the figure is really nice...i wanted one but cant afford to buy it at the moment:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I'm enjoying this.
    It does have awful AI at times, but the graphics and the free-running are superb. The sequel will be alot more polished (I hope!)

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »
    It's where basically the refresh rate of your screen (usually 60hz on a PC LCD) is less then the framerate the game is rendering at. So when you move around in the game this causes edges in the game world to tear. This is tearing. It's not searching for graphical glitches as you say. It's right on front of you in the worst cases and very annoying as every fps PC gamer knows. Although I do know some people who say they don't see it, which is strange and they are obviously blind. It's also strange it's happening on Assasins Creed as I heard the framerate is low. But maybe it's low on average and only in the places where it's high you see this tearing.

Turning on vsync (which you can do on the pc) caps the framerate and eliminates tearing as the framerate never rises above what the LCD can handle (so you are trying to sync the framerate of the game with the lcd's capabilities) but also it means if your framerate drops below 60fps, having vsync on will half it again to 30fps. (due to the quirky nature of the way LCD panels work) Which is why some people complain about it's use. It can kill framrate. And why hardcore fps players never use vsync and live with tearing. There are ways around it though like using tripple buffering via programs like Riva Tuner where the hit isn't as bad. On consoles you have to live with it, unless the developer releases a patch like they did for Saints row.

So really I should have just asked if there is tearing or vertical tearing. You asked :D

I guess I'll chance it. Do Virgin take stuff back ?

I'm not playing on a pc monitor so maybe that's why, (This is the 360 section after all) the graphics look fantastic imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

there is little or no tearing, you wont notice it

Tearing is common on the pc due to graphic detail settings, because xbox360 is set standard across the board, where gamers cannot edit the settings ingame, there is no tearing in console gaming.

Anyone who says there is is jsut fickle, and has a tear in their retina

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Same with the Xtravision in Glenageary - €70 (although you get that 3metre long receipt with €5 of rental vouchers, still not worth it). Just looked in Tescos in Arklow and no sign of it there.

Definitely 60 euro in Bray - friend just got it for that price. It's odd, because they were advertising it for 70 in the paper :confused:

They have different prices in different stores, depending on the competition in the area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm really enjoying this, think the reviews were way too harsh. It's not perfect but it tries something different.

I've noticed v-sync tearing issues ocassionally but it's no where near game ruining. Anyone complaining should stop being so finicky and just enjoy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well guys is it ok to get the 360 version from PlayAsia then??

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-1u9x.html

there is little or no tearing, you wont notice it

Tearing is common on the pc due to graphic detail settings, because xbox360 is set standard across the board, where gamers cannot edit the settings ingame, there is no tearing in console gaming.

Anyone who says there is is just fickle, and has a tear in their retina

That's complete rubbish *your explanation of tearing that is* It's nothing to do with console or pc gaming or detail settings or "set standard" It's to do with refresh rate and frames per second as I explained earlier. Stop telling people otherwise. A console and a PC both can use LCD's. They are usually limited to 60hz. And if the developer does not enable vsync in the game (PC or Console game) to synchronise the framerate with the refresh then tearing occurs. Does it happen on consoles and is it noticeable. You bet. So your statement about it not on consoles is untrue also. Just because there is no way to eliminiate it with an in game setting in the menu on a console does not mean there is no tearing on consoles. It just means PC users have the option to eliminate it if they choose. To prove this point, take a look at PDZ on the 360. It had very bad tearing. C&C3 had some. And Saints Row was the worst of the lot. All the developers admitted it, and the reason there was no vsync enabled in PDZ was to maintain high framerates. In Saints Rows case, users were so annoyed the developer released a patch on live where you could enable vsync to eliminate it at the cost of fps. Those users were not being fickle, they were annoyed and none of them had a retina problem. The developer fixed the issue. I believe Graw may have this problem as well though have not seen it personally. Tearing is not acceptable in this day and age. Neither is lack of at least 2X AA but that's another matter. However if you don't notice it, then I guess it's not a problem for you. But it is for many users. The rest of us must have damaged retinas...sure sure....what cobblers :) Though I hope you are right about Assassins Creed.

I got this in xtravision for 70 aswell and I also got the massive receipt for vouchers lol :D

Great game people were telling me its not worth it, it really is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've played the game for about 9 hours now and have killed the first three targets. My impressions so far are that its great, and I'm more of the Gamespot view than the Eurogamer.

I really enjoy the intelligence gathering missions, and so far you've only need to complete 2 out of 6 to activate the actual assassination mission, but I've gone and done all of them in each instance.

Some things however that are slightly annoying:

* I enjoy the "save the citizen" fights, but there is not enough variety in what the saved citizens say afterwards. Too much recycling of voice bits.
    * The assassin's bureau in each city is identical. I mean, the exact same layout, just with a different NPC. It feels a bit cheap and lazy considering the amazing detail in the rest of the cities. How hard could it have been to come up with a different floorplan?
    * The "Kingdom" bit between the cities is a bit pointless. There's nothing to do except get from A to B and the soldiers attack you far too readily.

All of these things are slight annoyances though, I still think its a fantastic game.

• Advertisement

Branoic wrote: »
    I've played the game for about 9 hours now and have killed the first three targets. My impressions so far are that its great, and I'm more of the Gamespot view than the Eurogamer.

I really enjoy the intelligence gathering missions, and so far you've only need to complete 2 out of 6 to activate the actual assassination mission, but I've gone and done all of them in each instance.

Some things however that are slightly annoying:

* I enjoy the "save the citizen" fights, but there is not enough variety in what the saved citizens say afterwards. Too much recycling of voice bits.
    * The assassin's bureau in each city is identical. I mean, the exact same layout, just with a different NPC. It feels a bit cheap and lazy considering the amazing detail in the rest of the cities. How hard could it have been to come up with a different floorplan?
    * The "Kingdom" bit between the cities is a bit pointless. There's nothing to do except get from A to B and the soldiers attack you far too readily.

All of these things are slight annoyances though, I still think its a fantastic game.

Yea I agree with you from playing it more I noticed the voiced thing 1st! Its annoying buts its not to bad :rolleyes:

Advertisement