Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassin's Creed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Im wondering whether to get this or COD 4/Halo 3 , haven't got a game in awhile.

Of course if this had online play I'd get it for definite but one of my friends says halo is great online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Both COD4 and Halo3 are great online so you get much more value from either than this.

Back on topic: Just had a quick look at AC last night and was baffled how to walk through the crowd of people carrying those water jugs. They kept crashing everywhere. After a few attempts I went back to watching rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hold the B button and they dont drop the jugs

Man im an idiot. I was just pressing it. Was getting frustrated to started punching them too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

bucks73 wrote: »
    Both COD4 and Halo3 are great online so you get much more value from either than this.

Back on topic: Just had a quick look at AC last night and was baffled how to walk through the crowd of people carrying those water jugs. They kept crashing everywhere. After a few attempts I went back to watching rugby.

Maybe you should stick to Halo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well guys is it ok to get the 360 version from PlayAsia then??

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1u9x.html

WellyJ wrote: »
    Maybe you should stick to Halo ;)

Lol...yeah I do like to run around with my guns blazing alright. :D

bucks73 wrote: »
    Lol...yeah I do like to run around with my guns blazing alright. :D

Well both great games in my view :)

If you give AC some time just to get used to everything you will love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Spoiler bout my opinion on parts of the game.
    Loving it so far, but yeesh after every assasination, going back into that room with the animus is gay, can't skip boring cutscenes too. Why didnt they stick with an assasin in the crusades.... Strange. I'd still give it an 8.5-9 rating, only played one kill but its really fun.

Gonna get stuck into it this evening. Friend has it also so gonna play at same time while chatting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

reviews were definitely too hard on AC. It really is quite good, despite soem niggles, and is one of the best looking games ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm liking it so far. I can't say anything new regarding gameplay criticisms, they've been covered! It's certainly worth a playthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

would have to agree the reviewers were abit too harsh on this game it's great fun and looks fantastic.Only real gripes are alters voice actor and combat being abit easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

for anyone that can get use of this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217538@N00/2035189727/in/set-72157603196347550/

Not my work.. I went googling for some maps as I really didnt want to go looking for 200+ flags in the game!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Was looking at the GamerTV review this morning. They gave away the game's big 'secret' in the first minute of the review. I kinda knew what it was from what I had read previously but didn't know all the details they mentioned in the review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

really want this game....anybody know how much bioshock is trading in for these days ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Was looking at the GamerTV review this morning. They gave away the game's big 'secret' in the first minute of the review. I kinda knew what it was from what I had read previously but didn't know all the details they mentioned in the review.

I don't really think the whole "Future" thing should be considered a spoiler at this stage. The game itself gives it away in the first 60 seconds of play too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Picked it up yesterday.
    €70 in xtravision and €5 in vouchers.
    And pretty useless vouchers like 5 x €1 off an overpriced rental.
    I got seriously stung so shop around folks.

Been playing non-stop and I'm guessing I'm around 60%-70% through it.
    Very good game but not a great game
    8/10 score from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Branoic wrote: »
    I don't really think the whole "Future" thing should be considered a spoiler at this stage. The game itself gives it away in the first 60 seconds of play too.

Yeah but I didn't know anything about the fact that:
    Your character has been kidnapped in the future and forced to live out these scenarios as the assassin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

dazftw wrote: »
    for anyone that can get use of this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217538@N00/2035189727/in/set-72157603196347550/

Not my work.. I went googling for some maps as I really didnt want to go looking for 200+ flags in the game!

Legend.. the link I found was a copy of it they way it was shortened with the ... in the middle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

How long is the game,because thinking about getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

€42 on play asia ;) It's at least worth that, even with lowish review scores. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I got it on Friday, but haven’t played much been to hooked on SCENE IT & COD4. When i did put it on, i wasn’t at all impressed with the whole going back in time future buzz.
    it should have been left in the past it would have made it more authentic & unique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's ok but not brilliant to be honest. The combat is good and running at just about any building and scaling it is great fun but I think overall the 7+ scores have been fair. This is why:
    Saving the same NPC's over and over again. They are not unique so why should I care? Going to a building in each town which is identical inside with yet another identical NPC to waffle to. BLEH! Waking up in the future every now and then just as you're getting into the game with nothing to do except let more NPC's advance the plot a little. **** OFF!!! Let me just run around rooftops like a madman and kill stuff!

The game is definitely fun but they could have made it truly unique and brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I went into HMV in Liffey Valley to buy Mass Effect only to find out that's not due for another week. Saw AC for €55 and bought that instead (sorry Koneko, couldn't wait, wanted a game to play ;))
    I spent most of Saturday playing it, couldn't put it down, that hasn't happened to me since Oblivion and GOW.
    Have done the first 3 kills. So far, I love the game, it's so purdy.
    (I do find it a tad annoying that I don't have the Oblivion map so I can hop from one place to the next, that game spoiled me)
    Also agree with the 'waking up after each session', it's like you have to log out twice and takes longer to close your session down.

Im trading mine in today. Was expecting it to be better but not impressed and a little too slow. Also you cant skip those cut scenes and having to walk to the bedroom or sit down in a chair is not what I want to be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hmm, I actually enjoy the future bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

What a woeful woeful game! Theres more monologues in this then there is in an entire year of Jay Leno - it's so boring listening to all that waffle

"Are you seriously trying to make the world a better place? Don't you see? Thats exactly what we are trying to do!" wtf! I know theres a writers strike on, but seriously could they not get someone qualified to write the script?The voice acting from the lead is brutal too. Is anyone actually listening to what they say? (or for that matter reading the letters etc that you pickpocket?).

The problem is, there is no "game" in this game, unless you call watching lovely animation genuine fun. Prince of Persia had the great platforming+rewind function, with some points that you had to try over an over again to get right - the "just one more go" hook. In this game you see an enemy below you, target him and press x to watch a lovely animated stabbing in the neck from start to finish - lovely to look at but not much skill involved. If you see an enemy below you in halo 3, you select your weapon, leap up in the air, target your enemy and shoot him all the way down and when you land land a perfectly timed melee in the back of his head - much more skill, much more satisfaction.

This game isn't hard, theres no "just one more go" to it. You just go through the motions - beautifully animated though they are - listen to a lot of waffle that can't be skipped, walk and leap around the lovely environments and repeat, repeat, repeat.

Why spend 2 hours playing this when 20 mins of Halo/COD is 10 times more fun?

• Advertisement

sapper wrote: »
    What a woeful woeful game! Theres more monologues in this then there is in an entire year of Jay Leno - it's so boring listening to all that waffle

"Are you seriously trying to make the world a better place? Don't you see? Thats exactly what we are trying to do!" wtf! I know theres a writers strike on, but seriously could they not get someone qualified to write the script?The voice acting from the lead is brutal too. Is anyone actually listening to what they say? (or for that matter reading the letters etc that you pickpocket?).

The problem is, there is no "game" in this game, unless you call watching lovely animation genuine fun. Prince of Persia had the great platforming+rewind function, with some points that you had to try over an over again to get right - the "just one more go" hook. In this game you see an enemy below you, target him and press x to watch a lovely animated stabbing in the neck from start to finish - lovely to look at but not much skill involved. If you see an enemy below you in halo 3, you select your weapon, leap up in the air, target your enemy and shoot him all the way down and when you land land a perfectly timed melee in the back of his head - much more skill, much more satisfaction.

This game isn't hard, theres no "just one more go" to it. You just go through the motions - beautifully animated though they are - listen to a lot of waffle that can't be skipped, walk and leap around the lovely environments and repeat, repeat, repeat.

Why spend 2 hours playing this when 20 mins of Halo/COD is 10 times more fun?

Its a lot more fun that single player Halo 3.

Its not even fair on Halo to compare them to be honest.

Though I do agree that Multiplayer is tons of fun in Halo 3

Advertisement