Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes A-Class

Options
  • 11-11-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hello all, recently committed to buy a nice avantgarde 1.4 petrol a140. The only drawback is that the alloys arent in the best nick so what i want to do is get a pair of deep dished alloys (where the actual spokes are inset in the rim) just wondering, is there any specific brand i could consider? ive been looking on the websites posted above in the sticky thread and none seem to have what im looking for? Friend of mine told me that a k&n filter would sound nice on it too, but im sure, anyone got any views on that? Opinions appreciated, ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what´s your budget fir the wheels?
    Induction kit will sound silly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

DONT put a K&N on it!!..As for the rims, mercedes do some lovely dished rims themselves, some come standard on the E class but id imagine they would cost a fortune from a dealer. What size you thinking of going for?? BBS do some gorgeous deep dish and split rim wheels. Cost a pretty penny though but would be worth in imo..

If you're into cars, why an A class? (sorry if that sounds bitchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

A classes are good cars for what its worth.......driving wise is what I mean

does this make any sense?

woop wrote: »
    A classes are good cars for what its worth.......driving wise is what I mean

does this make any sense?

Makes no sense. I've actually driven one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

it was in my price, and insurance range, safe car, bumpy ride i know but, cant get em all right for the money i have. I'm interested in jap cars but, once quinn hear "honda" or "mitsu" its like they add an extra hundred or two to it. A good starter car in my opinion? anywho, i'm gonna scrap the induction kit, so its just the rims now. Not too big and not too small, it has a pair of 16"'s i think or 15"'s on it at the moment but they're badly scratched from kerbs etc.

how good are you at parking/not hitting kerbs? do you travel on bad roads?

I'd be looking at a Golf if I were you. infinately cooler and easier to modify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

golfs are everywhere and over priced for what you get, cooler is opinion based but i might agree with you. How many modified a-classes have you seen, somethin different is nice like! good at parking, if i think id destroy my rims id choose a different space and walk the extra 5 mins ! no real bumpy roads, doesnt really bother me anyways, thanks for the help here btw. I was looking up the brabus website just for ideas, they have a pretty mean looking a-class or A-Klasse as they call them

Advertisement