Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone gotten accepted by the big 4 accountany firms?

Options
  • 11-11-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

If so, which one do you want to work for and why?

I have to choose and it's really difficult.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

No one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

tywy wrote: »
    If so, which one do you want to work for and why?

I have to choose and it's really difficult.
    Are you american? because it's only americans say gotten in fact there is no such word. Let me rephrase your question. Has anyone been accecpted by the big four accountancy firms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

If you're going to be pedantic, at least make sure there's no mistakes in your own post first. You tart.

If you're going to be pedantic, at least make sure there's no mistakes in your own post first. You tart.

Thanks!

Plus, gotten is an Irish thing, at least a D6W thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Are you american? because it's only americans say gotten in fact there is no such word. Let me rephrase your question. Has anyone been accecpted by the big four accountancy firms?

Ha ha what a retard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Offers don't have to be sent out until November 23rd, 'tis a while away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

In my class last year two people went for KPMG and two for E&Y. It wasn't really a business course so not all that many did accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

I applied for PWC and KPMG and got offers from both...it was a really tough decision but I'm going for KPMG just because I got such a good vibe from all the KPMG people I met throughout the process. Not to say that PWC weren't great as well, but in the end I just went with my own instinct.

BTW, there's a much longer thread on this topic on the Accountancy forum (Biz).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Anyone got offers from PWC tax yet?

When did you get your offer from PwC?

Someone who interviewed last Monday only heard today, I interviewed last Wednesday and haven't heard anything. I've been offered KPMG and Deloitte though. Don't really want PwC just interested to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

My interview was last Thursday and I got a call from them on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

SumGuy wrote: »
    Ha ha what a retard
    We know what you are no need to tell us.

w00t! Another person who browses forums just to correct grammar, that's all we need. Thanks Sam!

Got offered PwC tax today, anyone else get the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

My mate got his offer (PwC) about a week ago, and had the contract posted out to him, he says he'll be signing it sometime this week.

I think tax wise, UCD only had their interviews this week though.

Got offered PwC tax today, anyone else get the call?

Congratulations!

Which firm do you want?

More than likely, I will sign with PWC.

KPMG was a non runner on nepotism.

E&Y is all over the place and has lost a number of large clients over the last few years.

So it was a choice between Deloitte and PWC.

PWC shades it on basis of quality of clients, tax partners and working environment (office).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

More than likely, I will sign with PWC.

KPMG was a non runner on nepotism.

E&Y is all over the place and has lost a number of large clients over the last few years.

So it was a choice between Deloitte and PWC.

PWC shades it on basis of quality of clients, tax partners and working environment (office).

I dont understand this, could you explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Detective Umaro:

He probably had a relative in their HR department, and I guess that company policy dictates that you're not allowed oversee a relatives application to the company.

• Advertisement

Umaro wrote: »
    Detective Umaro:

He probably had a relative in their HR department, and I guess that company policy dictates that you're not allowed oversee a relatives application to the company.

The old man is a tax partner in there.

While there is no offical rule on it, I just wanted to make sure I got my offers off my own bat.

Wouldnt want to work for him anyway! :D

But if you got other offers it means you got the KPMG offer off your own bat so don't let that make your decision, if KPMG is the best in your eyes, go for it.

Got offered PwC this evening, w00t!

Advertisement