Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Website.

Options
  • 11-11-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of using the shiny new Vodafone.ie website...what is the story with it?.

The performance is extremely bad, looks like they need to tweak their
    databases slightly. Anyone working with Vodafone had any complaints
    or know what the problem is?.

The previous website was excellent and easy to use, but this new interface
    is woeful and slow. Website seems to bomb out halfway through page loads etc. Really don't know how they still have it live and in production.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Well Feelgood,

I thought I was the only one that had problems with their new site?

It's absolutely terrible & it's only since they revamped it about 3 weeks ago.

It's extremely slow to open most of the time.

It's extremely slow to navigate.

It just bombs out from time to time for no apparent reason too.

It's gone from been a pleasure to use, to almost unusable IMO.

I sent them an email too but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, I got no response.

I wonder if anyone from Vodafone has actually used it since the upgrade (If you could call it that.)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I've just sent off another email to care@vodafone.ie with a link to this thread to see if anyone will respond.

Anyone else who uses the Vodafone site & has noticed problems should post here so that if Vodafone do bother to check in, they will see that users are genuinely having problems with their new Website.

:mad:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I just got the usual automated reply to my email so let's see if they get back with some reasonable explanation?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sending us your request.
    We received your E-mail at: 11/12/2007 00:29:57

We will endeavour to reply to your request within the next 24 hours.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

All of the above.
    I'd also like to know why I cannot receive any Irish mobile or landline calls on my Irish vodafone PAYG if I disable "Allow International Roaming". I couldn't have discovered this little feature at a worse time. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

The 'new' website just like the one before is an embarrassment to a company of this size. Don't even get me started on their woeful email service.

It's too depressing to even begin listing the problems with both of these :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Yes I have noticed these problems with the new website. Much slower than the old site and seems to bomb out alot when trying to log in. On the plus side, having the option to stay logged in for one day is a nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

zdooldreb wrote: »
    On the plus side, having the option to stay logged in for one day is a nice feature.

Ha, yeah deadly!....you need to stay logged in for a day cause thats how long
    it takes to load a page!.

I've just sent off another email to care@vodafone.ie with a link to this thread to see if anyone will respond.

Anyone else who uses the Vodafone site & has noticed problems should post here so that if Vodafone do bother to check in, they will see that users are genuinely having problems with their new Website.

:mad:

-

Nice work.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The old website wasn't always fast and reliable either but this new one is terrible. I have a 6mb connection and the site is woefully slow on it. On the whole the design is much better but what good is that when the basics are not there.

meglome wrote: »
    The old website wasn't always fast and reliable either but this new one is terrible. I have a 6mb connection and the site is woefully slow on it. On the whole the design is much better but what good is that when the basics are not there.

True alright, though the old site was doable. Its nothing to do really with the connection end of things. Working off a T1 connection myself and its still slow.

Vodafone.ie have obviously tried to inherit the same design principals as Vodafone.co.uk and made a complete mess of it....

• Advertisement

zdooldreb wrote: »
    On the plus side, having the option to stay logged in for one day is a nice feature.

There was a facility to stay logged in on their old site too.

;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have reported this to vodafone reps/cust care a few times and they all agreed with me that it was painfully slow.
    They use it for a lot of their job too apparently....

In fairness it was a lot better this afternoon that the last few weeks for me anyway.

Mik

Well, vodafone got back to me (Fair play to them :cool:) Here's the response.

Dear *****

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are aware
    there have been some teething problems since the upgrade of the
    website, which we are working to resolve as quickly as possible.
    The boards thread has been sent to us by a few customers, and it has
    been passed on to service development to demonstrate how many people
    are affected by these problems. I can advise that improving the site
    is a priority and you will see definite improvements shortly.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and
    we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

For information on self service options and on Vodafone's Products
    and Services visit our website at http://www.vodafone.ie

Good stuff....work in progress....

Lets hope it doesn't take too long or O2 are gonna have a whole
    pile of new customers...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Has anybody else had a problem whereby you type in the message and then click down to enter the mobile number and the cursor jumps back up to the message meaning you can never type in the number ....... grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Ive tried it on several PC's so its not just mine.

I hope this site doesnt end up like O2's....o2's pi** poor webtext was one of THE reasons I got away from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Sizzler wrote: »
    Has anybody else had a problem whereby you type in the message and then click down to enter the mobile number and the cursor jumps back up to the message meaning you can never type in the number ....... grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Ive tried it on several PC's so its not just mine.

I hope this site doesnt end up like O2's....o2's pi** poor webtext was one of THE reasons I got away from them!

That's kinda weird, what OS, browser version (any addons installed) etc. are you using?

Have you tried to clear your cache and try again?

SG

^^ Tried it on XP & NT, same problem. After a few refreshs it works but its very unpredictable. Yeah have cleared cache and it still happens the odd time...although not since Sunday so might have been fixed...

:confused:
    Sizzler wrote: »
    ^^ Tried it on XP & NT, same problem. After a few refreshs it works but its very unpredictable. Yeah have cleared cache and it still happens the odd time...although not since Sunday so might have been fixed...

Yes, I have experienced this too. Another issue I seem to have a problem with (Had this from time to time on the old site too) is that when you try to scroll down to the SEND button the screen jumps back up & you can't get to click on the Send option. It's damn annoying as you never know when or if it's going to do it. I thought it might have something to do with the screen resolution I use (1024 x 768) but I'm not really sure if that could be causing it.

-

Yes, I have experienced this too. Another issue I seem to have a problem with (Had this from time to time on the old site too) is that when you try to scroll down to the SEND button the screen jumps back up & you can't get to click on the Send option. It's damn annoying as you never know when or if it's going to do it. I thought it might have something to do with the screen resolution I use (1024 x 768) but I'm not really sure if that could be causing it.

-

Can you give browsers and versions?

SG

seagizmo wrote: »
    Can you give browsers and versions?

SG

Only ever used it on IE6 & IE7 and it occurred on both.

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Still not working here either, same fail to log in issue or log in and get kicked out again.

On to Vodafone by phone now....

TJJP wrote: »
    Still not working here either, same fail to log in issue or log in and get kicked out again.

On to Vodafone by phone now....

what error do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

Performance has gotten better over the past few days...
    still the frontpage flash seems to take a long time to load.

There is most definitely an improvement in recent days.

It's not quite there yet but they've obviously worked on it.

Once they're not ignoring the issue & were up front about the complaints received suggests that they want it sorted as much as we do.

-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Still rubbish...
    Not for the first time in recent weeks, the login isn't working. It takes ages to time out and then provides a message saying... it's not working.
    Is O2 any better? They're running a rather attractive -- on the face of it -- switch offer just now (no, I don't work for them)

I would steer clear if I was you, but that's just my opinion ;)

-

SectionF wrote: »
    Still rubbish...
    Not for the first time in recent weeks, the login isn't working. It takes ages to time out and then provides a message saying... it's not working.
    Is O2 any better? They're running a rather attractive -- on the face of it -- switch offer just now (no, I don't work for them)

If you are thinking of switching to 02 and are a heavy webtext user I wouldnt touch them with a BARGE POLE. From the frying pan into the fire :eek:

Check out the threads in the Mobile/PDA forum.

I have been experiencing problems on the vodafone website this week though...I type in a text and press send and it throws me out to log in again and I have to start over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Streed

I have just spent the last hour trying to log onto their (excuse the language) piece of sh!t website. It must be the most slowest website on the web, everytime it takes ages and asks you to logon about 20 times and I don't mean enter certain characters of your password!
    Anyway just thought I'd let some hot air out. Could hardly shout at their customer support as it is their retarded back end team to blame! must be paying peanuts in there

Advertisement