Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Lanuages for Collage acceptance

Options
  • 11-11-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm in Transition Year atm, and starting to think of what options I will choose for Leaving Cert. I am useless at my foreign Lanuage[French] and was wondering: what collages/uni don't accept students who didn't do a foreign language for Leaving Cert?

Replies appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Trinity accepts English and one other language, which may be Irish, Latin, Ancient Greek or a Continental European language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Ul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Sorry- Can you use the full names?

europerson- I was actually looking for the ones that DON'T accept people....cheers for the replie though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

From the top of my head University College Dublin (except Engineering and Nursing courses), University College Cork and National University of Ireland Galway all require a foreign language.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I think all of the NUI colleges require a foriegn language.

• Advertisement

europerson- I was actually looking for the ones that DON'T accept people....cheers for the replie though
    Sorry: I misread your post! All the NUI colleges require a third language, except for certain Engineering courses. You can find out about it on their web-sites.

Are there any chance of the third language policy being done away any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

CarefulNow wrote: »
    I think all of the NUI colleges require a foriegn language.

That's right, which is basically all of the universities. uni limerick is the only one that I know that isn't an NUI but I might have that wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

That's right, which is basically all of the universities. uni limerick is the only one that I know that isn't an NUI but I might have that wrong.

WRONG, I'm in tcd at the moment and i did english and irish to get in here :p

The University of Dublin, the University of Limerick and DCU are not part of the NUI.

• Advertisement

So from my understanding, all i.t.s would be a possibility, as well as Trinity, Uni of Limerick and Dcu?Have I left anything out?

Note:Had a look at the websites and the courses- dcu has a few interesting i.t. courses , and of course I've heard of their stellar repuputation for business courses[I would only really be interested in either an i.t. or a business course]. Trinity does not seem to have much courses that attract me, apart from the obivious Computer Science.
    Will take a look at uni of Limerick site tonight. Cheers for the info guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

uni of limerick thats for sure =)

Advertisement