Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

URGENT HELP! To unlock a Nokia 6680 & Change Network

• 11-11-2007 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have a nokia 6680, I was with Vodafone, but decided to change over to Meteor...I rang up Vodafone & got my unlock code off them, I then got a Meteor sim card, Im keeping the same mobile number.

In the Meteor store they told me wait until i lose coverage with Vodafone, then turn off the mobile, turn it back on & insert the Unlock Code, BUT this is where the problem arises, it doesnt give me this option, despite there being no sim card & memorey card in the fone, it still goes to the main menu off the fone, I can still see my list of contacts & txts messages etc,

Where the network name used to be, it now says OFFLINE & has an "X" where usually the signal strength bars are

Does anyone know how i can insert my unlock code into the fone & fix this problems..any suggestions would be a help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

firstly, put your vodafone sim back in. when given the option, say you don't want to continue in offline mode. if it doesn't give that option and it stilll says offline when its turned on, press the off button and select the general profile

when the phone turns on it'll say sim card registration failed. that's fine, its because the number has moved over to meteor. then just type the code in as you would a phone number.

is the code they gave you in this format: #pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+1# or did they just give you the number and do you know how to enter #pw+ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Customize

Thanks for the quick reply

I have fixed it...cheers..really appreciate it

Advertisement