Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Jerseys

• 11-11-2007 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Mate of mine is heading over to USA next week and getting me a jersey.

What I was wondering is whats the replica jerseys like.

The cost $75.

Are they like soccer jerseys or would you need to go up to the next level of jerseys.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

replica jerseys are good.they're pretty strong material and unless you plan on going out playing american football in it you will be grand with a replica.

in fact id say it would hold up while playing.i used to do rugby training in mine and it held up perfectly.

good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks.

It will be just to show off my support for SF.

Getting no other than 16 Montana on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

eh might cost a bit more for montana.and it could be harder to come by because its an older jersey.

as far as i know they dont print new jerseys with old names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Throwback jerseys ftw...

Something like this should be available (well it is online if nothing else)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    eh might cost a bit more for montana.and it could be harder to come by because its an older jersey.

as far as i know they dont print new jerseys with old names.

Why is that.

Can you not just walk into a shop and go can I have this name on the back.

I don't really want Smith on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Trampas wrote: »
    Why is that.

Can you not just walk into a shop and go can I have this name on the back.

I don't really want Smith on the back.

Americans dont do the whole screen print thing in shops. They sell them with names already on them and usually only the popular players on each team as they sell the most. There are throwback jerseys which are old school jerseys with the legends on them. Also getting nfl jerseys also depends on the state u are in NY will sell alot of the popular players in Champs (sports store) or Sports Authority etc etc but you might find it hard getting the montana throwback or even a non alex smith or frank gore niners jersey.

He is going through SF so he is going to see what he can get.

On nfl.com you can put any name or number on a jersey he might do that as he will be staying with a mate of his in LA so will get it sent there.

Will tell you how he gets on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Throwback jerseys are very popular in the States so a Montana one should be gettable. I got a Lawrence Taylor throwback one at the game in London last month and v nice it is too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was gonna buy the Dan Marino throwback jersey, but i said i'd wait and see what was available in the stadium, saw it was the same (just more expensive) so i said i'd get it the following day in london, but they only had XXL (which i am not) so i left it go...

As far as I know he managed to get the jersey.

Doesn't arrive till Friday week so wont know exactly until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just on a general tip. Reebok stores in outlet "villages" like Woodbury Common sell last years style replicas for as little as $20

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

You could probably pick up a Pats Randall Gay one fairly cheap.

Not a big seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barrymufc7

Dodge wrote: »
    Just on a general tip. Reebok stores in outlet "villages" like Woodbury Common sell last years style replicas for as little as $20
    Where are these outlets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

New York

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

barrymufc7 wrote: »
    Where are these outlets?

All over upstate NY and in PA also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

All over upstate NY and in PA also

And Wisconsin, Massachussetts, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa etc etc Just type into google Outlet store and the location and you will find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

This is the crwd that runs Woodbury Commons (the Reebok store I was in)

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/centers/ Can't guarentee you that Reebok is in all of them or even that they defintely have jersies that cheap, but even the Reebok shop in the Kildare outlet village had NFL jersies on sale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Yea I was in New York for the past week and went to Woodbury Commons,Bought a packers and steelers jerseys for 30 dollars each.Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

I was in the states last year and Footlocker had a good range of throwback jerseys for reasonable prices. They had Montana jerseys so presume they would still be selling them.

Advertisement