Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Crown Affair - Government manipulation of the media?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The conspiracy people also seem to be reading a little too much into what Crown was going to say?

Assuming the government would actually order RTE to make a political decision based on threats over the license fee (I imagine half the RTE producers would resign if that was the case), would they really pull that string, with all the risk of mass resignations and back-lash, just to get Crown off the Late Late Show?

Was Crown going to bring down the government or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bilko

Tristrame wrote: »
    and speculation yes.
    Asking about the make up of the panel and balance yes
    A stupid RTÉ decision in balancing out the panel-I suppose next you're going to suggest[also with no evidence] that the health department wanted the audience vetted too? They were quite outspoken.
    by 2 euro... :rolleyes:
    LoL,your point caller?

Well certainly your post was because you've no evidence to suggest dropping Crowne was demanded by the government.
    Balance is a requirement by the BCI by the way.

That final comment just shows how ludicrous your posts are.I should ring up the Government-appointed BCI about balance-great idea!!When BCI Chairman Conor Maguire,Ahern's barrister at the Mahon tribunal,gets a free moment I'll have a word.Who will I complain to about the oh-so-balanced Late Late Show just prior to the election when Harris and Waters were canvassing for FF? Oh yeah,BCI head John Waters!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what would have happen if the hse/government had got made available somebody for the panel?

bilko wrote: »
    That final comment just shows how ludicrous your posts are.I should ring up the Government-appointed BCI about balance-great idea!!When BCI Chairman Conor Maguire,Ahern's barrister at the Mahon tribunal,gets a free moment I'll have a word.Who will I complain to about the oh-so-balanced Late Late Show just prior to the election when Harris and Waters were canvassing for FF? Oh yeah,BCI head John Waters!!!!
    So you are saying that the BCI is biased.
    I would suggest that you look at the Irish public who voted just 5 months ago (they all have their own minds despite what you may think). Maybe it's them that are biased?? (after all it's them that in majority wanted the government we have now) which in itself is the laughable or rather more ludicrous position to be spouting than suggesting that 40 or 50% of any board/body mightn't be or shouldn't quietly be supporters of this government.

And anyway it was the BCC I meant,and not the BCI.
    A simple typo..but hey they're probably biased aswell right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

not biased they simply all think alike, back each other up

• Advertisement

You've the minutes of their meetings have you or is that opinion dressed up as fact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bilko

Tristrame wrote: »
    So you are saying that the BCI is biased.
    I would suggest that you look at the Irish public who voted just 5 months ago (they all have their own minds despite what you may think). Maybe it's them that are biased?? (after all it's them that in majority wanted the government we have now) which in itself is the laughable or rather more ludicrous position to be spouting than suggesting that 40 or 50% of any board/body mightn't be or shouldn't quietly be supporters of this government.

And anyway it was the BCC I meant,and not the BCI.
    A simple typo..but hey they're probably biased aswell right?

The standards required to be a moderator on this forum....
    It's pointless having FF party lackeys as moderators,but be that as it may.
    I didn't accuse anybody of being biased and nothing I said was incorrect about either Maguire or Waters.The typo,if that's what it was,was your fault and nobody else's
    I must confess that,because your English is so poor,I have no idea what you are trying to say in the central part of your post.It's as incoherent
    as a Dail transcript of an Ahern statement!

Banned.
    Subject to maybe a genuine apology for that ridiculous outburst and perhaps a willingness to debate rather than rant.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement