Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recover from network ban ?

• 11-11-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Used to be with O2, then moved to Meteor.

Turns out I left an outstanding balance which O2 then wrote off.

Now O2 won't let me get the mobile broadband unless I pay off the balance ... and even then the operator said it was not definite that they would let me back on.

Can anyone tell me if I would be OK if I paid the old balance, or if there is another way to get it removed ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

long_b wrote: »
    Used to be with O2, then moved to Meteor.

Turns out I left an outstanding balance which O2 then wrote off.

Now O2 won't let me get the mobile broadband unless I pay off the balance ... and even then the operator said it was not definite that they would let me back on.

Can anyone tell me if I would be OK if I paid the old balance, or if there is another way to get it removed ?

Whats the balance.Why not move to vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pay off the balance anyway. You owe them the money fair and square from what I can see.

I don't see why they wouldn't take you back then as all networks are crying out for new customers.

Pay them back & see what happens.

Try doing it in the shop over the phone with a credit card while they're trying to setup your new account? Get it all done in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The balance was about 100 ; only O2 have coverage in my area.
    They've written it off already is the thing ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

They've most likely also reported you and it's gone on your credit history. I'd pay this off asap and try to ensure that they record the bill as settled.

Just becasue they've written it off from an accounting perspective doesn't mean you don't owe them the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

How can you have a €100 balance and be unaware of it? They would have sent you demand letters over such an amount but it wouldn't be economical for them to pursue you further over it. Also, if they've written it off it means they won't pursue you further for it. What's more O2 are one of the most aggressive networks when it comes to pursuing debt - they publish over 3 times as many judgements against their customers than Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Definitely didn't get any angry letters.

I think it was paying by direct debit and then I may have cancelled that bank account or something.

I've been on a bill with Meteor since so I think my credit rating's ok.

Thanks for the advice folks.

By written off you mean they've stopped asking for it? Just pay up and then take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

didn't someone post recently about who can affect your credit ratings and the phone networks weren't on the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Tell that to 3 and Clearwire, I'm pretty sure I've seen posts by users on both these providers threatening credit ratings for leaving a contract early. Clearwire also use debt collectors, not sure about 3.

I wasn't under contract at the time.

• Advertisement

Surely you got a bill?

Advertisement