Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe quest

• 11-11-2007 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was looking at Rachel Allen cooking on the TV last week, I am not sure if the programme was on Sky or RTE , She was cooking a chicken dish with a flavored rice accompanyment . The chicken dish had leeks, onions, tomatoes and whole chicken which she cut up in it, it was slow cooked , It may have been a tagine recipe. I have looked everywhere for the recipe including in her new book. Does anyone know the name of the recipe and or where i can get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Do you know if the programme was from one of her older series? I have a couple of books from them at home, I can look them up for you tonight if you don't get the recipe in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aboutthehouse

Thanks that would be great, i actually did think it was from her current book but when i checked it wasn't in it, So based on that is must be from an earlier book. I believe that it may have been based around entertaining friends if that helps reduce the search at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have her new book (not on me at the moment though) and not all the recipes she uses on the TV show. The melting moments aren't in it (according to my mother) and I can recall this happening in a few previous series.

Having said that, it might have been an old show, but I didn't see last weeks show so I can't tell.

Basically I just posted my useless information! Sorry. If you still haven't found it by Wednesday I can look up my other books when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

She has a tagine recipe in 'Rachel's Favourite Food for Friends', but there are no leeks in it? It does use a whole chicken though and tomatoes in it.

There is a jointed chicken dish with leeks in it in 'Rachel's Favourite Food'. But no tomatoes.

Which one you think? I'll let you decide before I type it all out!

Is this the episode: http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/shows/show.asp?id=169&tab=episodes (check Rachel's Favourite Food For Friends - Series 2, mid week dinner party).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aboutthehouse

Thanks a million i found the name of the recipe now, when i looked through the details on the attached line , i found the rice with mint added which accompanied this dish . The actual dish i want is the Moroccan chicken tagine. If you have the recipe it would be greatly appreciated .

• Advertisement

Just sent you a PM there. Let me know how it turns out! Sounds yummy!

So did you get the recipe? Sorry I forgot to look it up the last couple of nights, I have a head like a sieve :o. If the recipe oloala pmd you isn't the one you were looking for let me know and I promise I'll look tonight :).

So did you get the recipe? Sorry I forgot to look it up the last couple of nights, I have a head like a sieve :o. If the recipe oloala pmd you isn't the one you were looking for let me know and I promise I'll look tonight :).

Yup - they got it. And confirmed that it was the right one :)

Great, hope it works out :)

Advertisement